Soundqubed vs american bass

Username: Hobbsy776

Post Number: 1
I have 2400 watts rms available and a big trunk, I build my own boxes (very well I might add) and I can't decide between the soundqubed hds300 series 12's or the american bass xfl 12's Im going to be running 2, the price difference isn't much so I just want to know if anyone has experience with either of these. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

West Covina, CA USA

Post Number: 1432
Have experience with soundqubed HDS300 - it's great. I think american bass amps are pretty much the same as SQ amps, not sure whether this holds for the subs. I'm pretty sure both are great subs. I'd go with SQ just because I've gotten plenty of stuff from them.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1941
Many people claim that HDS series can't take too much above rated unlike HDC series the XFL series will take 1500 or more each easy, HDSs may need a larger box to perform best, which you like better depends on taste and setup but you'd be right both subs are pretty comparable.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4522
They should of kept the name audioque..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1945
They got sued so had to change it.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 4524
Really, what happened?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1949
Audioquest (who manufactures audio cables) sued them over the similar name.. or so I read somewhere.

Gold Member
Username: Deadrabit

Marionville, MO

Post Number: 2626
both are very similar. I would suggest the xfl. I remember a year or two ago the audioque or what ever they call it now had some problems with the coil rubbing when it was over powered (like over 6kW). I dont remember exactly what it was.. or maybe i have the two mixed up. I guess you will be playing music not burping anyways. but either will handle that kind of power NO PROBLEM! both sound great. for trunk stuff seems like american bass has done better in the past.. but keep in mind its been a while sense i have been into comps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us