1 12" alpine dvc type r sub box dimentions/sealed ported?

joey w
Hey, i was wondering what the best box setup would be for a 12" type r dvc. I am looking for sound quality and i am putting the subs in a datytona (hatch back). the box size doesnt really matter, i have enough space for a big one. Now to get the maximum performance out of the type r what kind of box ported or seal? (i listen to all types of music)and what size.

thanks, joe

rosebudd
Joey,

The woofer you have uses an advanced motor structure which means the woofer will have great control in a ported box if you wan't quality and output. Sealed is also good for Sq but not as efficent, meaning it needs more power but takes up less space. L8R

joey w
ok i found this Sealed Box Volume (cu ft) 0.7-1
Ported Box Volume (cu ft) 0.75-1.75

im still contemplating if i should get a sealed box or ported...i can get a new pioneer sealed box for $30..like tomorrow..should i go w/ it?

rosebudd
Joey,

Does the pioneer woofer come in the box or is the box empty, and do you wish to use the typr r sub or pioneer woofer. Respond and i'll give my input on box type! L8R

joey w
oh its only the box..its empty. The box is carpented partical board. I wish to use the type r

rosebudd
joey,

for 30 bucks give it a whirl seeing the enclosure volume is to spec, if it sounds like a smashed bag ofassholes, get a custom ported enclosure if you want the best overall bass response. L8R

Unregistered guest
i have a alpine type E sub and i was whanting to know what would the best box design for it im looking at alot of ported box's and i think that is what i whant but i just whant to make sure that will be the right thing for the sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us