Blew the kickers (thank god) now what?

Username: L3ftbra1n

Post Number: 1
yeaaaaaaaa it was bound to happen, blew the low end comp kickers cause I wanted too much ouch of my crappy system. anyways, question is what to grab now. I'm gonna keep the box and amp (probably gonna upgrade later) and just buy 2 new 12" subs to throw in my Jeep. amp is only a kicker 300.1zx or someshit I can't exactly remember at the moment. So I got about $100 per sub, possibly a little more if it's defiantly worth. What should I grab and why? Also I listen to a lot of old school rap/hiphop nas, pac, wu tang, big l, and a little of the new rap.

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 2121
If you want rap, find a nice sql to spl subwoofer. However, if you listen to all different types of music, sql to sq subwoofer would be ideal.

In either case, you'll be happy with an sql type woofer.

With that said, there are many out there. Before we go on to options, its important to know why those comp kickers blew...?

Was your amp properly tuned for those? Assuming you had 2 kicker comps, the 300.1 amp should have been enough safe power for them. Why did they blow?

Also, what other components of a stereo system do you currently have (speakers/head units/other amps, etc)?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3382
Remember you want to match the power of you amp to the subs. In order for us to suggest any sub knowing the amp will help. at times running one good 12 will out perform 2 cheap 12's. Cheap I mean low power subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us