Sundown sa-12

Username: Tlcrowden

Ocean Springs, Ms.

Post Number: 2
who is running sundown sa-12 and what kind of power are you sending to them?

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1839
You can easily send them 1KW each on a decently done setup.

Ocean Springs, Ms.

Post Number: 3
Thanks.I,m running a rockford r1200-1d birthed at 1350at 1 Ohm.Right now I'm running two BMF 1028 at 4 Ohm,one of them is about blown.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1842
Regardless of the subs you are using, an improper system setup will damage your equipment, there are 3 basic subsystems to be checked for safe operation, proper electrical including power wiring to the amps, proper enclosure and correct gains setting procedure for the amps (decent quality signal wiring as well of course).

Ocean Springs, Ms.

Post Number: 4
This is not my first system.I was just trying to see how much they can take on a daily basis, have a new car need a new sub.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SoCal

Post Number: 3378
As Joe said sub can take 1k of clean power. Keep in mind the sub is rate at 600RMS.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina America

Post Number: 14861
keep in mind that just because a sub can "take" 600 or 1000 watts, that doesn't mean it needs that much power to reach X-mech, or X-max (full mechanical excursion)
The amount of power needed to reach the full output of the sub depends on the vehicle, and the enclosure.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 928
X-mech VS. X-max

Is there a difference?

I have assumed that X-max is the maximum clippel-verified linear excursion and that X-mech is the absolute excursion limit, however non-linear it may be.

Any clarification?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us