Subwoofer making pulsating hertbeat noise and not outputting sound

Username: Madness88

Post Number: 8
Hi there people,

Basically problem is i have a vibe black air 12" active subwoofer http://www.vibeaudio.co.uk/car/blackair-enclosures/ it was working fine until i was driving along and noticed that it had stopped working the volume was at about 20 on my Sony HU, gain set on the subwoofer at about 11 O'clock position. When i stopped i turned the ignition back on and it started making popping sounds like a heartbeat going in and out of protection mode, it would then after a couple of minutes doing that turn on but no sound is coming out of it and has been doing this ever since. Everything seems to be hooked up properly and its getting enough power to it as have checked with DMM. Power and grounding is 4 Gauge power running from battery to amp ground is going to a sanded down bit of metal under the rear boot carpet, remote wire is attached and the rca cables, only thing is i think the rca cables may be a bit old, everything is in its right places nice and secure so i really dont know why it suddenly stopped working.
Any help much appreciated, thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1743
Check your remote turn on line, the incoming signal and the grounding of the head unit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us