Help wiring amp to Components!

Silver Member
Username: Vc23

EastCoast, Michigan Dos Fi BLs

Post Number: 381
Well, finally wised up and bought me an amp for my components, but I have all the experience wiring up subs, and not more so components so heres where the learning experience comes in. My components are these: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9128_JBL-C608GTi-mkII.html and I just bought a RF 400.2 power series here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000N84GZO/ref=asc_df_B000N84GZO2101379?smid=ATVPDKIKX0 DER&tag=nextagus0001084-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B000N84GZO so Im not sure how exactly to wire these with the crossovers and everything. And what the settings on the amp should be. Thank you very much!!

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1598
Wire the amp to the crossovers then connect the tweeters/mids to the crossovers. Once done set the hi-pass filter of the amp to 60-80Hz and that should be the same frequency as the low-pass of the sub amp. Done.

You like expensive stuff!

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
Got it in a little 3 way deal, ended up getting that amp for, yes, wait for it, 10$. I know right. everything is fine with it. As far as the settings go other than the hpf, what should the others be?

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
More so just Punch EQ, then I'll mess around with the gains a little bit but shouldnt be too bad

Gold Member

Post Number: 1603
$10?? lol okay guess everything is possible from time to time...

For a bass amp there are other settings but for a comps amp that's basically it, obviously you need to set your gains properly.

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
Yup, its a steal down here in detroit metro area, A guy sold me that amp, and this http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_17976_Orion_BP-HP12D2.aspx for 160$, the sub is for my friends girlfriend, and Im keeping the amp, telling her the sub was 150$ : )

Gold Member

Post Number: 1605
$160 for both is a nice deal.. don't think that guy is going to tell you how he got them..lol.

Anyways that's a very nice amp and I like the comps too. Let me know if you get stuck when during the install.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
thank you sir, I already have my components installed, but they are just running off of the head unit, so not getting nearly their full potential. I have all the pieces to my system, but just not enough to fully hook everything up. Still got an Orion 2500d laying around, just waiting for an ho alt, and now that have this amp, just need another battery for the back, and a bunch of 1/0 gauge. seems like it never ends lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us