Been away from ecoustics for about 3 years now! aero port help

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 332
hey guys, its been forever since i have logged on but i had a question and would appreciate some help! building an enclosure for a buddy of mine and he wanted it aero ported which i've never done. the box is going to be right at 6 cu ft tuned to 36 hz. this is for 4 MTX(dont know the exact model) 12s. since im unfamiliar with aero ports, could someone help me out a little? just wasnt sure what diameter and length port to use, nor do i know how many is necessary.. i used pspinc calculator but i dont quite understand and i want to make this box as well as i can! please help a guy out a little! thanks!

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17201
i think i remember u

i have used alot of aeros especially the 4"

6cuft for 4 12s ? - seems kinda small since most 12s work well closer to 2cuft each unless those are some low power 12s that mtx recommends work better in smaller cuft ?

4 x 4" shud be good for 6cuft

thing about aeros is u have to kind of design ur box around them since its a straight port unless u can find pvc elbows to make them bend 90 degrees & if kept straight u have to at least leave 4" clearance from the end of to the back of the enclosure ...

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3254
^agreed. makes me think of your 10" pioneers, that setup looked pretty cool.

Silver Member
Username: Ericmb

Waycross, Georgia United States

Post Number: 333
yeah i remember you rovin.. they are some preeetty cheap and low powered MTX's so i wasnt gonna go max on the volume for them.. but how do you know if youre having too much or not enough port with the aeros?

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1284
Ericmb, just post the maximum dims for the box, the vehicle, the exact model of the subs the model of the amp, and the tuning you wish, if not sure, the type of music to play.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17203
^^^ yep those details wud be nice to know too

u can average between 1.5-2.5cuft for each 4" port ...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17204
wouldnt think anybody wud remember those 4 10s pioneer i had lol

it was a really fun system especially for the low budget but trunk space was pretty much gone so i didnt keep it for too long ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us