Street Duty SDC2.5 12d4???

Bronze Member
Username: Jaymoung

Michigan

Post Number: 92
i just got a caprice 1992(bubble) looking to put together my sound system i got the Street Duty SDC2.5 12d4 in mind 600 rms for $130 not bad i have always heard good from audioque i was thinking of getting 4 of these maybe later adding 2 more but 4 for now just need a second opinion anybody heard these in action any thing good/bad can be said?

im also looking at the RE sex12 another 600 rms sub but these cost $150

going for spl this time around

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1164
You should consider the enclosure size you will be needing, some subs work best in big enclosures, audioque subs usually work best in above average enclosure sizes, 6 12" subs would require a really big enclosure..

If you can provide the dimensions of the biggest box you can fit then something can be worked out.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 93
Well I feel like I have a pretty big trunk for 4 if I can do 6 that's even better but not my plans as of now..but my question wasn't really answered

Gold Member

Post Number: 1167
Audioque HDC3 subs are known not to go low but be very loud, the SDC2.5s are different, can go lower and stay efficient tuned to 32 to 35Hz, no audioque products are SQ as such but can sound nice for most users. probably will take near 1KW each.

The 2.5s work well with 4 cuft net each so 16 cuft net for 4.

So some random dims for an enclosure that would meet the 16cuft@34Hz would be:

External Height = 38 in
External Width = 37,69 in
External Depth = 26 in

Thats 21,55 cubic feet, I'd think about wasting so much wood on 600W subwoofers. Don't know if you get my point.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 94
i understand but im not really going for a daily driver setup more for car show appeal thats why i want 3/4 subs at the same time i wanna watch prices not looking to get extremely loud neither thats why im going for a 2000-3000 rms range spending no more then $200 per sub

im looking at the re audio sex subs also fi ssd subs price wise but man does these subs need alot of space also i can not find the cargo specs but these trunks are really big(wide)

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 95
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj108/1locaprice/DSCN4507.jpg

example of how big the trunk
ill only need room for batteries and amps other then that ill willing to use it all

Gold Member

Post Number: 1168
The volume I just gave you above is for 15"s, my apologies, for 12s 2.50-2.75 net cubic feet per sub is about the maximum you would need. SSDs will probably do ok on 2.3 cubic feet per sub.

I am thinking that at least 3 12" subs will fit front firing but the best way to know is to measure yourself witdh, height and depth, dual 15"s could be an alternative and can get really loud and low.

Bronze Member
Username: Mlstrass

Illinois

Post Number: 44
Don't do the typical hood set up and cram a bunch of subs into the trunk in an enclosure that's too small.

2 of the 12's in 4.5cubes tuned to 35Hz off 1200-1500watts will hit very nicely. Ran that exact set up for around 6 months.

If it's a show car, then make the box look nice. Wrap it in vinyl/leather, custom paint for the port, ect...

@ Joe, HDC's can do just fine on the lows, I do 56+ @ 30Hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 1172
Ok, here are the:

1) SDC2.5 15" 4cuft33Hz
2) HDC3" 15" 4cuft33Hz

Normalized gains for each:

Upload

Upload

When tuning for a sub is too low for it. the gain will dip just above the tuning frequency and then recover afrterwards.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 96
my trunk dim are 53 iin w 21 in h 23 in d thats just from the outside of the trunk

the dim inside is 70 in w 21 in h 43 dep theres actually more depth space but thats when the lump comes in for the spare tire

but giving the dim do u think i can doa 3 to 4 12 setup in a "W" shape box subs facing up or maybe subs firing toward taillights across

Bronze Member

Illinois

Post Number: 45
if you're able to build it inside the trunk then yes you could do more then 2 subs.

Bronze Member

Michigan

Post Number: 97
I understand if I can't ill just go with to hdc 3.0

Hey anybody selling any zero gauge

Bronze Member

Illinois

Post Number: 46
HDC3 takes the same size enclosure, but will handle 2-3x the power...

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois Braaap MX

Post Number: 3247
The HDC3's suspension out of the box is very stiff. After a few months of use daily they will loosen up alot and get nice and low. It takes a while for them to loosen up tho. At least thats how the copper coil versions I have used were, but I've heard the aluminum coil versions use different suspension?

Bronze Member

Illinois

Post Number: 47
Actually the new v4 suspension has a lower fs and will play lower then the old HDC's. I've reconed a few to v4's and that has been my observation by ear and on the TL...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us