OT: PIONEER HU

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 787
I had this Pioneer cd player a few years back and someone borrowed it. They returned it not working at all. I freekin loved this HU, the knob on the driver side moves like a joystick and the inface is ergonomic, facilitating quick adjustments. Is there a company that can at least give me a quote on fixing it? Cuz I don't want to buy a new one. And it"s sentimental.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 788
Here come the pics......

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 789
Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 790
And is this thing worth fixing? I feel like it is an awesome unit, but I'm kinda dumb on HUs

Bronze Member
Username: Hologram

Post Number: 37
There area few on eBay without the face plate that have been tested to be working, this way you can keep some of the sentimental feeling of it by keeping the original face plate...there could be something wrong with the face plate though. Then again, I don't know too much about these things, just a suggestion

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 791
How did you find them on Ebay? just search the model number? do Pioneers exchange faceplates with other pioneer models too, or will it have to be model specific? Any help will be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1036
There:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=deh-p7700&_arm=1&_armi=Cameras+%26+Photo&_ar mm=94&_ruu=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2FCameras-Photo-%2F625%2Fi.html%3F_nk w%3Ddeh-p7700%26_arr%3D1&_rdc=1

But depending on the way it's malfunctioning you will needing to buy the facepalte or the rest of the HU or both.

Silver Member

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 792
it doesnt do anything. at all. it might as well me a brick. What do you think?

Gold Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 1037
Well if not even lights come up the first thing to check is the harness, make sure that voltage gets to the deck's terminals. both switched and unswitched voltages and ground, the next thing to check are the connection terminals from the deck to the back of the faceplate faceplate, checking that they are not dirty or bent.

If everything seems ok I would say get rid of it since there is no easy way to tell for sure if the faceplate electronics also sustained damage. A common issue was a broken ribbon but it would take opening the HU which I wouldn't do without any experience on servicing electronics.

Those older late 00' Pioneer HU were great sounding.. and there are hundreds of them for sale so you might want to take a look on CACO.. also lovely is that the guy was kind enough to take the time and return it... blown..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us