4 15s need help

Username: Junebug713

Post Number: 1
I have 4 15s 4ohm dvc wired down to 2ohms on a monoblock amp. The problem is the 1st sub work, 2nd sub dont work, 3rd sub works, 4th sub dont work. Ive hooked up each sub by itself and they all work. Can someone please help me out. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 730
Well, you say you wired your subs coils in parallel down to 2 ohm each. before anything just check that the polarity of the coils is respected + to +, - to -.

Also you don't say how are they connected to the amp or amps and also may be nice to know which amp or amps are you using and which subs..

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17073
maybe u have them wired wrong

it shud be like this : ...

Upload

Post Number: 2
Well I checked the subs and found out that 2 of the subs have 1 good coil and 1 bad coil.

Silver Member

Post Number: 733
Junebug, I was just curious, it was working and then they failed or you were just installing for the first time.

Post Number: 3
I just installed them for the first time, I bought them from someone and I didnt bother checking them since they were basically new. I shouldve known better oh well.

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 752
Beat that 1 coil to dust

Post Number: 4
Is there a way to wire up the 2 good subs and the 2 bad subs together. They are 4ohm dvc but 2 of them only have 1 coil working and the other 2 have both coils working. I wanna hook them up to a mono block amp to read either 1ohm or 2ohms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 734
Well, you can wire all four subs on a single coil for a total impedance of 1 ohm but the power handling would be reduced to half.. there is not too much of a point in doing that but it can be done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us