Please help me pick the best sub !!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 22
Hi All !!! I just bought an Arc audio amp that only puts out 190 for the sub at 2 ohms. I'm looking for SQ over anything else , but deep bass never hurts. I want to do a sealed enclosure due to space requirements and only want one 10 incher. I will go with a dual 4 Ohm voice coil so that I can run the 2 ohms that I need. What would be the best sub given these needs ? I like the Eclipse Ti sub but it says 500 rms . Or the JL ,or infinity kappa perfect or ??? I know I won't be able to drive it like it should be with only 190 so any suggestions would be great !! Thanks so much, Jerry

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 885
hmm

i would go with probably an idmax10 or like a 10" triple X

possible like an SE 10" by RE

id go with smething that you can, if you choose to, upgrade the power to it for more bass

a X-X-X will definately be a great choice

or a 10" brahma too

10w7 is too much for the sub in my opinion, a 10" brahma outperforms it for $200 less

Bronze Member

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 23
Thanks but I don't plan on running the kind of power that those subs require. I'm looking for SQ not spl. which do you guys think would be the best choice between the Infinity Kappa perfect,Eclipse Ti,or JL Audio 10W6v2 ??? All would be dual 4 ohm voice coil 10 inch .Thanks

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 919
you dont need more than 600w rms for the brahma or triple X for it to sound outstanding

and why would u say an eclipse ti if they hav 750w rms power handling?

well, if yuo dont plan on upgrading your power source anytime soon, something like an image dymanics IDQ would be a good bet, or a cerwin vega vmax, diamond audio m6, adire koda 10", i wouldnt spend $400 of a w6v2 if i were you

i dont think i would choose any of those three for your situation..i would still invest in either a brahma or triple x or diamond audio TDX if you plan on upgrading power soon, or eventually - plus they still all sound awesome at low volume levels - evenw ith low power

and the 10w7 doesnt handle more than 500w rms i believe...also a good choice - awesome SQ

Bronze Member

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 24
Sorry, I didn't know the Eclipse handled that much power. Thanks for the suggestions , i will look into those ones you listed !! Thanks again

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 928
no prob man :-) thats what im here for
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us