Component Speakers

Username: Royalewitcheese

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 9
I recently purchased a JL Audio W7 for my Dodge Charger. I have replaced all of my inside factory speakers with aftermarket Pioneer stuff. No amp hooked up to them other than what my stereo produced. Just wondering what type of component speakers I need to go with the new sub I just purchased. Thanks in advance for the info.

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 540
I would recommend getting amps for the sub and speakers hook up everything and see how it goes, JL Amps can do or maybe better amps. Also I would replace the HU to an aftermarket one if you are using the stock one before touching any speakers. So what are you willing to change and what's your budget for each.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3568
you don't "need" anything to go with it, really. but if you desire better sound start with a head unit. that alone will make a large difference. if that's not enough put an amp on your door speakers. then if you truly want more ditch the pio stuff for some higher end gear.

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 10
Well the fact of the matter is I already have an aftermarket head unit. It's the pioneer premier with navigation. I have 6x9's in my front doors as well as the back. I did a search for component speakers and got back 1 million results. Mostly 6.5in speakers with tweeters. Prices range from $40 for 2 speakers all the way up to like $600 for like 4 6.5in speakers and 2 tweeters. I'm just not sure which ones are good or not. I mean I read reviews and whatnot but do I need to switch my 6x9's to 6 inch speakers, and if so which ones are a good, moderate range speaker?

Also I've pretty much decided I want to have the best system I can have so I plan on getting an amp for my component speakers as well.

Once again, I appreciate all you guys help with this!

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 543
Well as I advised before start with the amps and see if improvement is enough, 6x9 components exist if you don't want to change sizes:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewcat.php?category_id=193&sort_order=price_asc

There are other solutions but these will definitely improve on the pioneers and will fit right in.

Bronze Member

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 11
Sweet! Thanks I'm going to try that this weekend for sure!!

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Columbia, South Carolina

Post Number: 14548
Focal Polyglass would be a great choice.. and put an amplifier on them.
I don't ever like using head units to power speakers. that 12 watts per channel just doesn't cut it over 60+dB of road noise when you get distortion at 2/3 full volume anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us