Worth keeping or no?

Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 1
I currently have 2 kenwood 12" speakers (KFC-W3009) and a pioneer 750 watt amp (GM-5000T) both are 4 ohm, and the amp is not bridgeable to 2 ohm. RMS for speakers 200 watts max is 400 and peak is 800, although I don't understand why there are 3 numbers for power rating. the amp is 125 watts rms x 2. currently I am unhappy with the output of this combination, if I went with a 2 ohm stable amp which had an rms more in line with the speakers would I notice a large difference or would I just be better off upgrading my speakers and amp both?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 395
I was reading and those speakers are 400 rms not 200 rms. So with that amp even running it at 2 ohms stereo your not even gonna get 200 rms. What I would do is look at the xtant A6001 or the jbl 600.1. Both amps will give you 300 rms per sub and that should be plenty. Or you can look at the kicker kx800.2 and that will give you 400 rms per sub which is a perfect match for those subs. So thats proably the reason you dont like the sound is becuase you are only giving them roughly 50% of the rms. I would stick with the subs and just upgrade the amp to a bigger amp with more power.

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 2
I was going by the specs on the box on the speakers, said rated power 200 watts so that's what confused me, also should I go with a 1.5 cu foot per speaker box for these speakers.

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 3
also, I'm looking to spend around 200 for the amp so keep that in mind if possible, unless there are no options for me at that price range

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 4
rofl I keep thinking of questions before I get answers to the previous one :-p anyway what is the bonus to running at 2 ohms besides more watts rms

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 402
Here are some specs on that box.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/KENKFCW3009

If you go with a bigger sealed box its gonna give you more of a lower hitting bass for a sealed box but I could be wrong. Personally I would port the box if your going for spl then at the price you looking at it will be kinda of hard but for under 300.00 it cant be done. I would port those subs and use an xtant A6001T to push them and that should slam pretty hard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5710819224&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 403
I meant specs on the sub not box. Sorry.

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 5
the price on that amp is acceptable, I could go up to 300 bucks or so if there is a good one at that price
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us