Ported Box Questions

Username: Tom_k

Post Number: 1
Yea,I heard my friends ported sub and liked the output it had for such a small amp.The box Is HUGE,its over 2.3 for a ported 10"??? Theres a couple of things that im confused on. I didn't get how the sub sounded that good considering its a JENSEN,second,he just threw a port tube in it. Didn't know the size,didn't tune it or ANYTHING. So now Im kinda wondering if I should try porting a box? But I like SQ. I've been told you can make a ported box sound just as good as sealed for SQ,but have it louder? I dont know how to tune,or anything about porting. Can someone tell me the procedure to doing it,and if its that hard? Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 905
maybe he got lucky with it lol...

usually that doesnt work too well just porting a sealed box with some random PVC tubing

you can make a ported box sound even better than sealed, if you tune it lower than normal boxes are tuned at say 24 hertz, or 28

this way the sub has to hit lower to roll off and there isnt any port noise until it hits those frequencies - gives less extra crappy noise, sounds better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us