Are the JL Slash Amps Really that good ?

Bronze Member
Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 15
What I mean is ,I'm looking for sq not spl. The new JL Audio 450/4
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4950&item=5710848925&rd=1
Looks pretty good and seems to have the power I need. Are they in the same SQ league as Arc audio and Mcintosh ? Would that be a better option then the ARC Audio 5150-XXK I've been looking at ? I'm thinking about not running any rear fill at all and just running seperates up front and a sub . Any advice would be greatly appreiated . " soon too please as the arc auction ends today " Thanks very much, Jerry

Bronze Member

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 16
I'm really trying to run only one amp due to space constraints, but what about the 500/1 ,and 300/2 combo ?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 832
JL amps are great, but I'll have to say that Arc and McIntosh have a slight SQ edge. You won't be disappointed by JL amps by any means, though, very good SQ and very reliable. I use JL amps, but I also got them for free :-). I have used them in my past 3 cars (and paid for them in the past) and have never had a problem, they've never gotten close to running too hot (I live in Georgia with 100+ degree summers, and run the system in that for hours at a time), nor have I been disappointed with the performance or SQ. A 300/2 and 500/1 would work well, and 2 speakers and a sub is ideal for SQ purposes, I don't run any rear fill in my cars, and haven't for quite some time.

Bronze Member

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 17
Thanks for the quick info Jonathan !! I went with the Arc Audio ! Check out this steal !!!!!!!!!!!http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5710951443&ssPageName=ST RK:MEWA:IT I wanted more SQ then anything. Now I need to decide on a good sub for the 190 watts this produces . I wanted to go with the JL, but now i might go with an Eclipse or the infinity kappa perfect . What do you guys think for a sub 10 inch sub ? Also does anyone know if this amp can bridge the four channels to just two ? Thanks !

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 397
I would say yea it is but im sure you can find something very close to the jl amps for much lower price but I would not have a problem running jl audio which I used to run the 500/1. I just think they are overpriced a little IMO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us