Pillow fill

trickgly04
Unregistered guest
i've herd of puting pillow fill in a sub box to make the air move slower so that the box seems bigger. my question is this, there is some pillow fill on a roll so it's not really made for pillow but it is the same stuff, it's just not lose like pillow fill. so i was wondering if i could line the back of my box with multiple layers because of it only being a 1inch or 2 thick. and if so will i have to worry about it coming apart and getting into my sub. and if so what can i do to prevent that from happening. i can't afford to buy a nother $400 Brahma because of som pillow fill.

Any help would be great

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 435
I think i know of the 'fill' your talking about but its usually used in like bed spreads and stuff. That will probably work. Just use a staple gun to attach it to the back. Some cotton probably isnt going to do a whole lot of damage to a sub.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 384
Pillow fill?? Do you mean Poly fill?? If so just buy 2 pillows from Wal-Mart are where ever you want and add about 1 pound per Cubic Foot. Also this is something you do for sealed boxes. Its not a good idea to put poly fill in a ported or bandpass enclosure. Good Luck

Anonymous

Jay,Do you suggest if for even sealed?

trickgly04
Unregistered guest
well Jay i talked to the people at joanfabrics and they said it was the same stuff they use in pillows and stuff of that sort. so all i need to do is staple it or will the staple vibrate out over time? if so then what else could i use?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 406
Use some 3M 90 spray adhesive. You should be able to get it at any hardware store. Make sure you get the 90 strength and not the 77 which you will see everywhere.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us