All Alpine Setup, Please Respond

Lost Cause
Unregistered guest
CDA-9827 In-Dash CD Player
SPR-136A 5-1/4" Type-R Component 2-Way Speakers
SPR-694A 6" x 9" Type-R Coaxial 2-Way Speakers
SWR-1241D 2-12" Type-R Series Subwoofers (4ohm + 4ohm)
MRD-M301 V12 AccuClass-D Mono Amplifier

Is this a reasonable set up for good SQ and decent SPL? Please leave me any suggestions to improve this system, especially in the amplifier and speaker department. I am open to all suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 869
why go all alpine? are you gonna get a sponsorship or something?

you're better off mixing and matching different brands to get the best sound and the best for your money - alpine makes good head units and good signal processing, but the rest of their stuff is medioker at best

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 870
heres what i would do...

keep the head unit, lose the speakers - get infinity kappa perfect 6.1 components for the front, and nothing for the back - gives a better front sound stage

get a nice eclipse, clarion, zapco, or JL amp for the 6.1's

get a pair of shivas or a signle brahma instead of the type-r's

get a jbl1200.1 to power the shivas or a 600.1 to power the brahma

thats what i would do to improve your system

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 824
If I ever did an "all one brand" setup, which I'd only do if I got a sponsorship, Eclipse would be my brand of choice, not Alpine. Their speakers and subs have never impressed me. Bacon has the idea here, what he offered will be far ahead of the Alpine setup you proposed. No one company can have the best of everything.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 70
guys, com'n, legacy obviously has the best of everything in the car audio world! duh guys

Silver Member

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 873
not even funny...

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 71
yea, i never was good with sarcasm/humour...oh well...

Robert J
Unregistered guest
There is only one problem with getting a jbl amp to power a brahma . jbl mono amps a stable a 2ohm and brahma's only come in dual 2 so with a 600.1 you would only get 300rms.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 828
A JBL 1200.1 is are stable to 1 ohm, not two (it's the older model, not the newer power and gto series, they're still around). Anyway, if you get a Brahma, all it needs is 600W RMS, so I advise you to wire the coils in series and run a 4 ohm load instead of a one. Then, you could get two Brahmas eventually and create a final 2 ohm load to the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us