300zx Build Thread

Gold Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1385
So after many months of collecting all the pieces and equipment that I wanted for my system, it's finally come down to the point where I can finally start making progress on the Build.

For those of you who have not seen my previous threads, here is a list of what i'll be installing:

One 15" Fi Q
Two sets of Rainbow SAC 265.25 Component Speakers
One Audioque AQ1200D
One Audioque AQ4X90

The overall objective is to Fiberglass the whole rear interior. I will be removing the rear Seats to maximize the amount of space I can use for making the Subwoofer enclosure.

Here are a few pictures of the current progress I have completed which I started yesterday.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Because I was running out of daylight, I was only able to finish Dynamating the bottom of the trunk, which took 3 sheets. Still got 6 left which i'll have done by the end of the week.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3548
nice. got some good sq equipment going in. have fun with the build. i'll be keeping an eye on it.

Bronze Member
Username: Souleraser

Post Number: 72
My friend has the same exact car. He recently installed a 12w7 in a ported box and it sounds alright, but not really to my liking. Ironically the setup you are doing is the same exact setup I plan to do in my nissan sentra. Im not fiberglassing my trunk though, the sub will be in a 3.5 cf ported box.

Would you recommend I get 2 12" fiq's or stick with a single 15"? This is going to be my second install.

Wish I could hear your system in action, before I buy all the equipment, though.

Gold Member
Username: Jbpitt

Pittsburgh, Pa. Usa

Post Number: 1290
Nice car and nice equipment. Should sound pretty good...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17051
nice to see a build thread on E since its such a rare thing to see here these days

im tuned in .....

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1389
It's been a few days since I posted anything new. Can't say i've done a whole lot because of work, but I did install all new LED lights in my Dash Cluster and Pods. Here's just a few photo's:

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

I am currently using Purple LED's for the Pods and White LED's for the Key Ring and Clusters. I appologize ahead of time for the poor picture quality. These look 10x better in person.

I'll be sure to make some further progress tomorrow and post more pictures!

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 2063
nice car Joe! How about some pix of what may be under the hood??

hiding a twin turbo in there?? lol i wouldn't mind getting my hand on that car

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1390
Update!

Finished applying Dynamat to the rear seats.
Upload
Overall, a total of 5 sheets have been used so far
Upload
The Engine Bay, as requested
Upload
Hyper-White Headlights installed
Upload

Upload
HO-Alt from Nate at Excessive Amperage installed
Upload
Just a picture of all the parts that are uninstalled
Upload

My next steps are to complete the Big 3 Upgrade and finish Dynamating the wheel wells. Then the fun begins with Fiberglassing!

Silver Member
Username: Joe1234

Post Number: 643
Hi Joe S, I was just wondering how that build is coming together (yes I know this is largely a desert now).

Gold Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 1391
Haha, sorry guys for not posting any new updates or pictures lately. For the most part, I finished laying down a good portion of Dynamat, however I did run into an issue...

The main reason on why I havent been able to make any progress on this build is because there is a leak somewhere in the hatch that is allowing a lot of water to pool up where the spare tire sits. Because of this, some of my interior lights and misc. electronics have actually stop working...

So at this point in time, the project is on hold until I can completely elimate the water leak, and fix the problems that were caused because of this. Last thing I need is for my Audio Equipment to get water all over them and fry.

I believe the water is leaking in through the Weather Strip of the Rear Window, but because it's been raining a lot here in NY and I no longer have a Garage to work in, I don't have a lot of nice weather to work in

But no worries, I have not forgotten about you guys here on ecoustics. You guys will be the first to know of any build progress I make over my FB or any other locations over the web!

Gold Member
Username: Gcs8

Atlanta, Ga

Post Number: 2083
love for the 300zx

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23782
Sick build. Can't wait to see it all done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us