Sound quality help

Username: Mdardeen

Perryville, Arkansas Usa

Post Number: 5
I am fairly new to car audio and limited on cash flow. I have an Alpine CDA 9815 head unit,2 Rockford Fosgate 12 inch single voice coil subs, Rockford Fosgate 301M mono amp, Sony 500 watt 4 channel amp, 2 Audiobahn 6 1/4 mids and tweeters and two 6x9 Pioneer 3 way speakers. All of this is installed in a 2003 Mustang GT. I know that what I have is not top of the line stuff but I think it should sound better than it sounds. I need someone to tell me a good starting setting for the internal 5 band EQ in the head unit.I am using RCA connections and I am positive that the speakers are wired correctly. No matter what I do the highs are to high and if I turn them down I can't hear the tweeters.Is it just the way any stereo is going to sound in my car ,because before this system I had some cheaper Pioneer stuff and I didn't like the way it sounded either so I put it in my wifes car and it sounds(not as loud as my stuff)but pretty good.Even at lower volumes my systems sound is clean but not like I think it should be. I know the EQ should be set to the sound that I like ,but I want to know some examples of settings to try and work on it from there. I don't fully understand about what is in range and what is out of range for the speakers that I have. Someone please help me before I pull the whole system out and TORCH it in my front yard.Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4154
once was enough.
stop cross-posting in every forum.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us