Kenwood, Xtant, or JBL?

Username: Amaru

Toronto, Ontario

Post Number: 6
I was wondering which amp would be better to push 2 10" inch Kenwood KFC-W2509 (300w rms each)

a. Kenwood KAC-X811D
b. jbl 600.1
c. xtant A6001T
d. none (specify which plz)

let me know ur opinions, thanx.

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 96
go w/ the xtant or JBL...i personally have the JBL, great amp at a great price.

kenwood ,i believe, isnt quite up to par w/ Xtant and JBL...

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 35
jbl all the way

Toronto, Ontario

Post Number: 7
i am using the amp ina ported box...so jbl would be the best? xtant looks like it has more features...

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 823
I'd take the Xtant, better sound quality, a little better build quality, and like you said, more features. The JBL would be my next choice.

Bronze Member
Username: Southernrebel

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 98
the only feature the xtant may have that the JBL doesnt is a subsonic filter...and seeing that you are using a ported box you will need a subsonic filter...

i dont know the price difference in the xtant and the JBL, but if i'm not mistaken the xtant will cost quite a bit more...the JBL usually runs about $225 shipped and you can get a 20hz highpass FMOD to put on it that will act as a subsonic filter (about $25 more)....this is what have for my Brahma 10"

like i said, the JBL BP600.1 is a great amp!

Toronto, Ontario

Post Number: 8
Thanx for everyones response. I think i will end up going with the xtant, does anyone know where i can purchase one? other than ebay because the one on ebay will only ship to United States...and the one on ebay.ca wants $500cdn + shipping

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 391
Check out sounddomain. YOu will have to go with the xtant 6.1 which is the same as the xtant A6001T. Try on ebay a place called electronics delivered and see if they will ship to ontario.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 392
Yea but I would defintely go with the xtant A6001T or the 6.1. Both are the same amp just the 6.1 is the newer version. I know someone that has the A3001T pushing a JL 15W3 thats 500 rms. That amp only puts out 300 rms and it knocked down his rear view mirror and cracked it.

Toronto, Ontario

Post Number: 9
thanx...btw it says electronics delivered doesnt exist on ebay.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us