AudioQue or Pioneer Premier

Username: Royalewitcheese

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 1
At the moment I have 2 Pioneer Premier Champion Series 12" subs hooked up to an Alumni 750 watt amp in my Dodge Charger. I've had this system for around 4 years now and I'm pretty bored with it. I want to upgrade but I'm not sure if the speaker I want will suffice. I would like to get 1 Audioque hdc315. All the reviews I've read say that the Audioque is a great speaker, but I don't know if it's worth it in my case. Don't know anyone who has these speakers so that I can hear them. Need some help please.

Silver Member
Username: Lord_huggington

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 457
It wouldn't really be an upgrade.

A big upgrade would be in the range of 2 HDC3 15's and the AQ 2200 + 1 deep-cycle battery. Used, you can find a 2200 for
~$200, I've seen them as low as $150-$180. You could spend about $1000 for all of it and it would pound the mirrors off. Also do the big 3 electrical upgrade, get a higher amp alternator (like 200-300A), and use 1 gauge wiring on the sub amp.

Otherwise you're just trading your 12's for a 15.

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 2
Hey thanks for the information. I'm not really trying to do that much. I just want my system to be a lot louder. Do you think getting a bigger amp would help at all?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3534
it would definitely help. the biggest one you should run off stock electrical is about 1200wrms.

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 4
Oh wow. 1200 seems like a lot. But hey if it'll boost my system then screw it. I'll go get one. Just wish I knew how to install it myself.

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3537
installation is very simple. any questions just ask away.

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 5
Ok cool. So I went to the store to buy an amp and it seems like they were really trying to screw me pretty hard. 2-400 bucks for amps that I looked at on ebay that were like 80. There are quite a few amps on ebay that are less than about 150 that I'm curious about. However I thought I'd ask you guys before I commit to buying one. If you could help please??

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3541
best bang for your buck would be an audioque 1200d. mostly anything less won't put out rated power.

funny though.. i think i have your ideal system for sale at the moment lol.

got a clarion dpx11551 on hand that does a little more than stock electrical can hold. a new battery and big 3 upgrade to alternator would do the trick. puts out 1550wrms.

also have a 15" hdc3. not sure i want to ship it but its a solid sub and get surprising loud. it should for weighing 55 lbs, though. haha. got a matching box too.

not cheap stuff but from what you've said it fits the description. let me know if you want to work something out.

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 6
Hey man I appreciate your help. I did a search for the audioque amp and couldn't find a place that was actually selling it. Do you have a secret place where I can find it?

And how much are you trying to get for your clarion? Couldn't find that one either.

And when you say the big 3 upgrade what does that mean exactly?

Sorry I have so many questions but I honestly haven't been into car stereo that long. All I ever did was told the guy to make it boom and thats it.

Gold Member

MW2 Addict

Post Number: 3543
let me start now by telling you getting real loud isn't cheap.

audioque.com

right now the clarion is on caraudioclassifieds.org for 275 shipped and i have an offer for 225 which i pretty much rejected. 250 is as absolute low as i want to go with it. its brand new but has been out of production for some years now. great amp though.

the big 3:
http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp~TID~73496~PN~1

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 7
Oh ok cool. I will look into this. As for the amp, I'm not sure what I'd like to go with yet, but I certainly do appreciate the offer.

Denver, Colorado

Post Number: 8
I happen to have found a JL W7 for a very good price. Would that bang harder than what I currently have?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 153 DBs ...Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 17052
check out this site

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/

they have a great section of quality well known brands so u will find something ...

Bronze Member
Username: Mlstrass

Illinois

Post Number: 43
You can fit a 15" HDC or 2 12" HDC's as I've done both in Charger trunks.

I'd do a 1200D or 2200D AQ amp on the 15 and a 2200 or 3500 if doing a pair of subs. Should put you around a 143-145 and be much louder then what you have now.

Would need a few batts in the back and I'd suggest an HO alt also. Strong electrical is the key to being loud and not hurting equipment.

I've NEVER heard a loud JL set up, save your $$$.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us