JL AUDIO, WHAT AMP?

AceBUB
Unregistered guest
I am going to get 4 10w3v2 subs and am wondering what amp or amps i should use to push those bad boys. Any help would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 372
I know their DVC but what is the ohms rating on the voice coils?? And what is the RMS rating on them??

AceBUB
Unregistered guest
dual 2 ohm voice coils total 300 rms a sub. I was thinking about getting 2 JBL px600.2 amps that put out 300 rms at 2 ohms. What ya think?

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 374
Well if your on a budget you can go with a JBL 1200.1. But I would RECOMMEND a JL Audio 1000/1 that is if you have 700 bucks. You could use 2 600 watt amps but you should get 2 monos. 2 subs to each amp. Good Luck

AceBUB
Unregistered guest
how can you hook up 4 subs up to a jl audio 1000/1 amp, i am a newb to all of this

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 375
Well the JL Audio will put out the same wattage from 1-4ohms so wire like option #2 on this link this will be the best way to run the amp. It will stay cooler and last longer running a 4ohm load then 1ohm load. Good Luck

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs=4&impedance=DVC2x2

AceBUB
Unregistered guest
how much rms would each sub end up getting with that setup?

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 376
You would end up with a total of 250 watts RMS per sub for a total of 1000 watts RMS. With the right box and depending on the car you would hit about 130-140dBs which is pretty LOUD. Good Luck

AceBUB
Unregistered guest
i want to buy a box rather then make one because i have no idea how to make one. I am getting a truck, so the speakers and everything will at least have to fit in an f150 reg cab. Any idea on a box or boxes that would fit the subs would be appreciated.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 377
Now thats going to be a BIG problem I don't think you will fit 4 10s in a regular cab truck. You will have better luck going with 2 12s.

AceBUB
Unregistered guest
i will figure something out about the space thing, i dont think i will get a reg cab anyway. I was looking at prices on the jl audio amp you suggested and it is VERY HIGH. Any other amps that you would suggest?

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 378
I know its very high lol I said *if you got about 700 bucks* If you want 2 amps you can try 2 JBL600.1s or for 1 amp a JBL1200.1. Either way will sound great. If you want a truck I suggest an extended cab. Good Luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us