You guys are the pros on this stuff

INPROGRESS
Unregistered guest
I bought old school rockford 800@ 2 and plan on bridging to an eclipse 10 sw9102 titanium sub but it hasn't arrived yet and wanted to build my box over the weekend but I can't find the volume or displacement anywhere ... I have been told it was 2.1 cubic feet but that cant be right PLEASE HELP me out guys, sub will be here monday and I want to be ready.You guys think it'll sound good?

O yea I also have 2 10 w6's for sale they are used but they still sound good, amp goes with em for $250 subs 10 w6 not v2 good shape about a year or so old (not used much I only drive 20 miles total a day and never on the weekends the amp is a ppi and I am not sure on the wattage or model (but I will check if anyone is intereted)it's not very big in size but it puts out enough for the subs.

inprogress
Unregistered guest
I don't plan on competing or anything just want some nice clean bass

inprogress
Unregistered guest
I'm getting 1 inch mdf on my way home from work please help me out

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 860
is that the 10 or 12" model titanium?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4146
10"
if you're going sealed, 0.8 to 1.0cu ft is fine.
for ported, you'd want about 1.5cu ft. with a 3" ID port. Length will vary based on volume and tuning frequency, but I'd tune it to about 35Hz.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4147
oh, and one sheet of 3/4" MDF is plenty for a single ten.

inprogress
Unregistered guest
http://www.eclipse-web.com
so whats up with this
and this... this is why I was confused
http://www.freewebz.com/eclipse-car/sw9102bp.htm

I think am going sealed(what do you think)and many people have told my 3/4 isn't enough for this sub>?

inprogress
Unregistered guest
the specs say vas 2.1 still no driver diplacement. but the chart has .85 cubic feet

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4149
that's Vas, not enclosure size.
2cu ft is what you'd use for a ported 12"

Vas
"Equivalent volume of compliance"
This is a volume of air whose compliance is the same as a driver's acoustical compliance Cms (q.v.) in cubic meters.

inprogress
Unregistered guest
I am confused not a pro sorry and thanks so use .85 or .90

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4151
0.9 should work great for sealed.
if you want a bit more boom out of it after trying it out, add about one pound of polyfill (dacron pillow stuffing) to the box loosely.
that'll give the sub the impression of a box with about 10% larger volume than actual.

you should like the results.
pick up a speaker terminal plate for the box at radio shack so you can properly seal the box up and wire it nicely.

inprogress
Unregistered guest
.9 is good including the displacement and everything ???? I really appreciate your help

inprogress
Unregistered guest
think my 800@2 rockford old school one will push this good enough bridged...
Thank thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 820
If you build a box equivalent to the Vas of the sub, then it will be the same as if the sub were mounted infinite baffle. The spec is to give an idea of how the suspension is, basically if you built a box that was 2.1 cu ft, then the sub's suspension would be controlling the cone, not the box. A sealed box will always be smaller than the Vas rating of the subwoofer. .9 is great for the Titanium. 3/4" MDF is all you need to build a box with as long as you build and brace it well.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4152
0.9 net volume. add the displacement of the driver when you figure gross volume building the box dimensions.

the amp should be fine.

in progress
Unregistered guest
I am real confused now
http://64.4.48.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=d691b3a3e48abcbf701551cc951a7628& lat=1090793652&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2erealcaraudio%2ecom%2fforums%2fshow thread%2ephp%3fs%3d%26amp%3bpostid%3d326000%23post326000

inprogress
Unregistered guest
no one

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4213
dead link
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help