Amplifier sound problems

JamieSaliga
Unregistered guest
Im having problems with my amp. It is an MA audio HC2502 model capable of stable loads from 4ohms - .5ohms. It is powered up as the status light is green, however the analog meters do not move and no sound comes out of the subs. The subs are MTX thunder 6000 4ohms. At first I had this two channel amp bridged using the two subs. It worked for 10 minutes and then it stopped. It may be helpful to note that earlier while mounting the sub board to my car I screwed into one of the speaker wires and caused a short. However after I shut off the amp electrical taped the wires it worked again but only for ten minutes. Im pretty sure the power is fine even though I am only using 8 gauge wire. I do have 4 gauge at my disposal but Im to lazy to put it in. I have also checked all the fuses (4 30amp) and replaced them as well even though they all looked good. Any help in resolving this would be helpful.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 371
If you screwed a screw though the speaker wire while it was hooked up you prolly burned up a component in the amp it will prolly need to be serviced. Good Luck

JamieSaliga
Unregistered guest
Yeah I thought it may need to be serviced but it did work after that for a while. I used a multimeter tool to test the outputs and both channels are outputing 4 ohms at the amp terminals and at the sub terminals. When I did a 12volt test on the B+ and ground connections I got a .5 reading. So is it possible that the amp is not getting enough juice from the 8 guage wire?

JamieSaliga
Unregistered guest
Never min I fixed the problem. I guess 8 gauge power wire was to small for the amp and it blew the fuse. I installed 4 gauge wire and a 60amp fuse and it now works great. Now its time to find all the rattles.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 232
Errmmm, just a correction, the prob wasn't the wire, but the screw you put on the wire, shorting the power, that's why you got 0,5 Volt DC, 'cause sometimes the blown fuse, worked, sometimes not. Nevertheless, the changes you made can only improve the overall sound.
Enjoy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us