Subwoofer box problems need help from the pros!!

Username: Hondadriver22

Post Number: 9
lately my subs have sounded like crap. everyone i talked too said it was my box but tonite i am drunk and remembered that i was missing a screw in my sealed box. i can feel the air coming out of it. is this the only problem? because i dont know if the box is coming apart from the inside or not. i got two Alpine type Rs and have 1200 watts going to both of them.

Bronze Member
Username: Spanky

Post Number: 35
are those type Rs ne good with that much running into them? do u have the 4 ohms or 2 ohms and hows the sq with 600 watts into them?

Username: Apuengineeir

Post Number: 4
dude don't dispare! i have two type-r 10" subs and hit 148.1db in a four door sedan through th etrunk! ten to one you're box is too small, with 1200 watts you should be slamin, becouse i hit that nnumber on only 100 watts out of a sound streme rubicon 1002. one port that box and tune it, second ignore the alpine tech sheet, those subs do well in at least 1.5 cubic feet excluding the subs dispalcment. trust on it, will say this though they are not spl giants but they do hammer for th ecurrent price.

Username: Apuengineeir

Post Number: 5
correction i hit 148.1 on 1000 watts

Bronze Member
Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 22
the air leaking could be a problem. your sub is probably hitting so hard where the screw isnt and the sub is kinda coming out. am i right? just put in some screws.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 367
Brandon your subs are prolly starting to sound like that for 2 reasons.

1 They are prolly about to blow because they are only rated for 300 watts a piece so 600 watts RMS total NOT 1200.

2 The hole in the box isn't helping matters at all either. Try putting a screw in the hole are seal it with some silicone.

You should REALLY consider a 600 watt RMS amp and prolly a new box. Good Luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us