Need help with amp/sub setup - Alpine Type S

Username: Timmay

Post Number: 1
Hey guys,

I have an alpine stereo amp running a 10inch alpine SWS-1022D. My amp is putting out a 4ohm load. I though that the sub was a 4ohm sub but it turns out that its a 10" Type-S Series Subwoofer (2ohm+2ohm). My amp kept shutting down (overheating) so when i checked the impedance on my sub, it was at 2ohms (explains why the overheating keeps happening)

My question is how can i connect the 2 voice coils together to give me 4 ohms?

Bronze Member
Username: Capulina6

Post Number: 28
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs=1&impedance=DVC2x2
try the second diagram in the picture which says " (1)2 ohm DVC Speaker = 4 ohms"

if you wired both positives to positive and both negatives to negative then that was giving your amp a 1 ohm load which will definetely shut your amp down

Unregistered guest
I recently bought two Alpine type S 10 inch subs, they are dvc and the 4 ohm model (SWS-1042D) in a sealed box. The amp i have is an Alpine MRV-T320 amp...and i can't seem to get them sounding good.

They always sound distorted...I've tried them in stereo, bridge...played with the HP/LP filter on the amp and deck, the gain, the bass eq....it sounds hollow and distorted.

email me with an answer if you'd like.

Unregistered guest
I forgot to mention that all my connections are good and proper, i ran all the new wire myself and triple checked it all.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us