Major Newb, PLEASE HELP

Unregistered guest
I know you all dont like audiobahn, but i would like some help anyway. I am going to get 2 audiobahn AW12O6T's that run at 1100 rms with 2 Audiobahn a2300hct amps, 1 amp for each sub. Then i am going to get another amp to power four 6X4's. Any idea of how it would be hooked up and any idea if the stock alternator on an f150 would work.

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 200
that would work, however those audiobahns dont need that much power in order to perform at there best. how much are you paying for everything?

Chris Klein
Unregistered guest
I was getting everything for 800 in a package deal from a buddy

Chris Klein
Unregistered guest
I was getting everything for 800 in a package deal from a buddy

Silver Member
Username: Rswan

Post Number: 202
for 800 you can get a real good system that will perform better and last longer. if you dont care then get the audiobahn stuff. your alt might not be enough for that many amps even though they wont pull as much power as they say they do

Unregistered guest
I was getting everything for 800 in a package deal from a buddy. My E-mail is ffxdevilarms@mchsi.com if you would rather contact me that way. Any help would be appreciated

Unregistered guest
sorry bout the multiple posts. i am paying 800, the stuff retails for way over 1500, how is that not a good deal?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 810
A Legacy amp retails for $300 bucks, but I wouldn't give $.50 for it, if that answers your question about the deal. For a system, I'd get two Adire Audio Shivas ($250 for both) a JBL 600.1 amp to push those (200 online). Instead of the 4 coaxials, I'd get Infinity Kappa Perfect components ($200 online, 5.1s should fit in the 4x6 location if fabricated as needed) and forget the rear speakers, and a JBL P180.2 ($100-150 online) amplifier on those. If you can find better deals on other stuff, go for it. What I recommended is cheap, good quality stuff that will sound good for a long time. This will last a lot longer than the Audiobahn stuff and sound a LOT better. The subs will hit harder and have better SQ as well.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 430
Yeah, listen to Jonathan dam*t

Anonymous

i got 2 1206's on an audiobahn a1500hcq(2000rms @ 1 ohm). You don't need 2 a2300hct's you only need 1 of them. run it down to 1 ohm, wire those subs together in a parallel. and you will have about 1200w to each sub. which would be perfect. cuz they are rated at 1100w each. You might save money buy only gettin one amp from your buddy.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us