Is this safe? perfect sub q

Bronze Member
Username: Adamwright

Post Number: 28
Im looking to run 3 kappa perfect 12's svc off a jbl 1200 amp. i was gonna run 2 but i was worried about the overkill of 600 to each...do i have the right idea now at 400 each? its gonna run at 1.34 ohms...is that ok???

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 356
Those subs are 300 watts RMS (I Think) if so then you should run 4 are buy higher wattage subs. If you run 2 with a 1200 watt amp they will last you about 1-3 hours before they burn up. So no it isn't a good idea. Good Luck

Bronze Member
Username: Adamwright

Post Number: 30
no no theyre 350 watts rms and i hear infinity leaves them running for 80 hours straight at that wattage...so am i an invalid to think that 400 watts per sub equals nuclear meltdown? Maybe i am i dont know. Also is the 1.34 ohm load ok allllll day on the jbl 1200? it says one ohm "stable". stable scares me is it ok or what?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 358
Ok then if they're 350 watts RMS you will be fine running 3 of them just be gentle on the volume. The 1.34 ohm load will be fine JBLs are very dependable amps. But running it that low will shorten its life but it will last you for a long time even running at 1ohm. Good Look
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us