Need help with amp and subs

Username: Polar_pimpin

Post Number: 1
I have a RF 2400 watt 2 channel amp and have 4 12 inch subs 2 RF subs the P2 series they are single voice coils and 2 audiobahm dual voice coils subs they are all 4 0hms what should i do the amp will do 200.2 @4ohms 400.2 @2ohms 800.1 @4ohms They sound really good and loud all hooked up but it is too much it fills my whole trunk i have heard alot about the jl w7's are they as good as i hear if so would my amp be able to push two of them. or would the amp not do them justice

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 65
With that amp you'll end up clipping them. Its not good, the W7's were designed to be run with the JL amps. Mainly the 1000/1 amp. Great marketing ploy for business, a bunch of kids go buy there subs then get suckered into buying there amps as well, its ingenious.

Post Number: 2
JEFF CLIPPING YOU MEAN NOT ENOUGH WATTS OR WHAT

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 68
In a nutshell, if you dont have the right power going to the sub, you in the long run will damage the voice coils, its important to match your sub and amp together with the proper power. For example, dont put a 600watt RMS sub with a 100watt rms amp...it'll end up hurting the sub in the longrun...

Post Number: 3
yea thats what i figured but they want you to by the amp but have you ever heard of us amps they are stable at 1 2 3 4 ohms or orion amps are good and the 12inch jl w7 is 3 ohms which i thank is bullshit but i read on the jl site that it is 3 ohms for sound reasons

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 433
Just get rid of those audiobahns.

Username: Jaydan

Lockport, Ny

Post Number: 8
If you like the Audiobahns keep em. How about instead of getting W7s just get Brahmas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us