Glass,quick question.

Username: Jaydan

Lockport, Ny

Post Number: 3
A buddy of mine has 2 jl 10wo's and is running a 400w planet audio amp on them. I keep telling him they will hit harder and sound better if he gets a better amp. Do you think this is true and if so what amp would you use? Thanks for all the great advice.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4094
if the amp is really 400 watts RMS, each sub is already getting 200 watts, which is more than those subs are rated for anyway.
I think he's about at their peak now.
most people with those planet amps seem to like them so I don't bash them too much really.. aside from being owned by BOSS, which would leave a bad taste in my mouth if it was my amp personally.. that's all. I honestly don't see them fail nearly like the BOSS ones do.

the W0 subs are low excursion and not really made for high performance. they're the affordable and shallow mount model subs.
if he really wants more bass, go with better subs like the W6v2 line or RE subs, etc.. something woth more Xmax, then increase the mower.
just my thoughts

Username: Jaydan

Lockport, Ny

Post Number: 5
I think it's 400 peak , it just says 400 on the amp. Do you know if you can wire 2 wo's @ 2ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4100
if each sub is 4 ohms, and its a mono amp, yes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us