2 dvc sub wiring

Username: Sixpack

Post Number: 1
i have 2 dvc (4ohm+4ohm) subs and i wired them with the one voice coil plugged together + and - and the other coil i ran bridged to my amp. i need to know if this is right. its the best way ive found so far. i wird them in series then parallel to the amp and it sounded like crap. if i wire parellel then parellel to the amp it would be at 1 ohm and i think thats to low of ohms for my amp. i was just wondering am i hurtin my amp when i wired this way or not. every other sight recommend to wire them series the parellel but its like my speakers are cutting out or not getting enough power. i need some help. i have to american pro vs9210 subs with a rf 401s 2 channel amp. HELP!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 247
well what are the wattage ratings of the subs and the amp?

Username: Sixpack

Post Number: 2
subs=400rms 800max
amp=200x2 at 2 ohm,100x2 at 4 ohm, 400x1 at 4ohm (bridged) 1200 max (suppose to be dont really thinks so)

Black Magic W
Unregistered guest
the best thing to do would be to wire these subs in a series to give you a 4 ohm load to your amp. you should get a two channel amp and bridge it to produce about 800 watts (rms)x1 @ 4 ohms. right now your current amp will not produce the quality you are looking for.

Richard Adams
Unregistered guest
i used to have the same amp and it is not a bad one, i now have the power series 551S (275x2 at 2ohms), but if your subs are DVC (4ohm+4ohm) you can wire the voice coils together and run one channel to one sub and one channel to another,then each channel will see 2ohms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us