Amp for 2000w audiobahn???

Joe-uk
Unregistered guest
im thinking about buying a audiobahn alum12q 12" 2000W / 1000w RMS. i hardly know anything about this stuff, i know what rms and peek means and thats it lol. it says the sub is dual 6 ohm, and 3 or 12 ohm operation. what would be a good amp to get without me having to sell everything i own yet have the power im looking for. please help, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 346
Joe I wouldn't even think about buying that audiobahn if I was you. There are a lot better subs out there that will do more then that sub with half the power.

Joe-uk
Unregistered guest
i dont get it, if watts dosent determine the power or quality then how do u tell a good sub from a bad one???

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 367
What kind of budget or you own and what are you looking for. spl or sq. Let us know that and maybe we can recommend you something that may be a little better suited and will last you.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 348
Yeah a little better if you want some cheap Hifonics amp that will last you a month.

Joe here is a link to good products. This was made by a MECP Gold Master installer.

http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

Also you can read some old post here that will tell you why audiobahn isn't good. Anyway look at that list and look at the products and go from there.

Joe-uk
Unregistered guest
well i dont know what spl or sq means. but im looking for a new sub, i currently have a 1800w peek /225 rms 12" JBL sub and a JBL amp (not sure of the watts they dont make them anymore, grey with a small jbl light in the middle) i can use my old sub box and i right? im after a new sub and maybe a new amp. looking to spend no more than £200 on each

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 349
Joe Spl is Sound Pressure Level and Sq is Sound Quality. I'm in the US so I'm not really sure what your price range would be in US dollars. You should look at products you like and post them here and we will give you our opinions on them. Just an idea take a look at a Cerwin Vega V-max and a Xtant A3001 amp the push it. Cerwins are very nice subs I have 2 of them running on a Kicker KX600.1. If you do decide on that set up be sure to get the DVC 4ohm model. Good Luck

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 369
jay-j,

did ya ever get a chance to take a look at those links I posted for the xtant amp.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 242
http://www.jbl.com/car/support/

here see if you can find your equipment so you know what your working with.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us