Rattling Trunk! Please help!

Graham
Unregistered guest
I have a 96 Neon and two 10s in the trunk that make the lid shake lick crazy. I put some Dynomat on the lid of the trunk in key spots like my friend told me too but there is still a rattle. I put towels around the edge of the trunk and that fixed the problem. Is there a special kit that I can buy that will have this effect or do I just buy a new trunk seal from the dealer. I really need to fix this problem because as you guys know its hard to show off your subs to someone when the trunk sounds like its about to fly off the back of your car.
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 420
I know that sound my friends trunk is about to blow off just like yours. I would look into a spray on liner which would get everything, you wont have the tools to do it it needs to be sprayed on by a pro. Dynamat is expensive, but i would also recommend, this, www.fatmat.com. and use it to do your whole trunk. Ratteling is a constant problem but sometimes its easy to fix and others it calls for extreme measures!

Graham
Unregistered guest
Thanks for the suggestion. Has anyone heard about a better way to seal your trunk that just the stock seal. I think that this is my problem because when I put towels around the seal it fixed the rattle and I dont want to try spraying liner in the trunk or putting a dynomat trunk kit in yet. Can someone help

ray ray
Unregistered guest
http://www.installer.com/tech/rattles.html

Richard Adams
Unregistered guest
I put a thin strip of carpet padding (or any kind of padding or foam you can find) under the rubber gasket that seals the trunk lid to the trunk itself. it helped out my rattling a lot but ive also got a Tsunami sound dampening kit (like Dynamat) in my trunk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us