What amp to use for 10" kicker competitions???

Username: Rubbersdown

Tucson, Az Usa

Post Number: 1
I just bought 2 new 10" kicker competition subs (C10's I believe they are called) for my truck and dont know what amp would be best to get the most power and performance out of these subs, any help would be great. the peak rms is 125 watts and the peak max is 250 watts according to the subs boxes.
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 329
If they are svc 4 ohm take a look at the xtant A3001T. That will give you 150 rms per sub which is a little more then needed. If you have them in a sealed box that will work perfect.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 334
Cody if I was you I'd look at a MTX Thunder251D. It would be a perfect match. It will give you 125 watts to each @ 14.4 volts. Good Luck

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 334
Jay-J,

Yea but the xtant will proably be about the same price and give him a little more headroom then the mtx amp IMO. More is better.

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 339
Yeah Davids I know where your coming from but he will need to be more careful with that Xtant cause I have seen those kicker Comps blow pretty easy. With 150watts going to them. Thats why I said the MTX. I'm just trying to help him stay safe but if he doesn't go crazy with the volume he should be fine. Sorry about that Davids I wasn't trying to piss you off.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 338
Oh no. You werent making me mad I just dont want him to be power hungry. I just have no experience with the kicker comp subs so I was just suggesting like ive been told to get as much power as you can. If you have heard that about the kicker then I would go with the mtx amp he suggested.

Tucson, Az Usa

Post Number: 2
What about the kicker ks250.2? you guys heard anything good about it? It puts out the right amount of rms I need and its from kicker so I just kinda figured it would work pretty good, but im just learning as I go here, so correct me if im wrong

Tucson, Az Usa

Post Number: 3
What about the kicker kx250.2? it puts out the right rms and its from kicker? correct me if im wrong im just throwing somthin out there

Tucson, Az Usa

Post Number: 4
Jay J, That mtx is a class D, that means its only one channel right, I am pushing 2 tens so dont I need a 2 channel amp?

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 341
No Cody you wire the subs parallel. That will give you one positive and one negative. What is the ohms rating on those subs?? Are they DVC or SVC?? If they are SVC with 4ohm coils use this diagram to wire them to the MTX. You will need to use Option #1. Good Luck

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=SVC4
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us