Need Help with every thing

Username: Rebelfordlover

East Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I need help buying my cd system for my 2001 ford power stroke crew cab 4x4 with bench seats.I want three 15s for sure what size amp do i need and what type box.I need to be able to remove it for those muddy hunting and fishing trips. I need some thing that go's in the seat.

East Texas USA

Post Number: 2
Would Like Audiobaun

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 46
Well, whats your budget?

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 801
Personally I would recommend you stay clear of Audiobahn, poorly made stuff. It sounds terrible and won't last you long. There are better investments to look into. There are plenty of other options out there that would rip those subs a new a$$hole in both SQ and SPL. What's your budget for the subs and amp?

East Texas USA

Post Number: 3
no more than about 6OO To 700$$$ but i buy and sell on ebay hopeing to find the cheap what is sq and spl.

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 237
sq = sound quality
spl = sound pressure level (volume basically)
yeah stay away from audiobahn and sony

East Texas USA

Post Number: 4
Thanks for all the info what is a good brand of sub and amp i want my truck to sound good.

Bronze Member
Username: Jlaudiomustang

University Heights, OHIO USA

Post Number: 12
I myself still dont know very much, but from my experience JL is excellent quality, and if you get it from an ebay dealer like indo audio electroincs, you can probably get your hands on some 15W3v2's for a rather good price, as well as find yourself with a nice warranty. (JL usually ships return products back within 3 Weeks). You May even want to lower down to the 12's and power them really well. But even being an amateur i know that audiobahn and sony are worthless, my advice save some money and spring for a lil higher line of subs, JL or Kicker

East Texas USA

Post Number: 5
what size amp my truck has two battiers do i need more power

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 48
You have to get an amplifier when you get subwoofers, you are going to need something to tell the subs what to do as well as give them power, your amp is going to depend on what subs you are getting, the more RMS power your subs can take the more RMS power your amp is going to have to give out, which in tern ends up costing more money...its a vicious downhill cycle.

East Texas USA

Post Number: 6
I dont have to have three 15s what do yall thank would be my best set up. my friend has two 12s in a toyoto but that is a little truck the cab on my truck is alot bigger. what is the bigest sub they make do they make 20s two 20s would sound good.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 421
While everyone else bickers about subs, i will give you a suggeston. I wouls mount your AMPs to the truck (of couse out of the way from mud and stuff) this gives you the ability to just un hook three wires(from subs) or just one wire if you run in paralell. The advantage of this is when you want to pull the box out your just unhooking the subs not all the remote and power wires from the AMP (if the amp was box mounted). If you have to to that then you must take out the fuse and make sure everything is safe from contact.

East Texas USA

Post Number: 7
thanks

East Texas USA

Post Number: 8
what type box can get

East Texas USA

Post Number: 9
if yall had my truck what would yall put in it

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 425
Well look around on the internet to see, they make boxes for under truck cab seats. It might be hard to find a cut out one for three subs, especally 15". Have you measured for size yet. Because i had a Chevy truck and all i managed to fit in there was a 10" but i know i could have done a 12" at the most
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us