Please help with my amp choice

Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 5
Ok, hope you guys can help out here . I'm done with soundstream . And I'm looking to run only 1 amp in my system. I like high end sound quality,but looks are important also. So far these are some of my choices. McIntosh MC440 , Zapco reference 650.6, or the Diamond Audio D7056 . As you can tell, I want to run 4 sets of seperates and a sub channel. I know these are all great amps, but any extra info anybody could add would be greatly appreciated. I'm leaning towards the Diamond audio because of it's looks, but it's so big !! I also saw a Memphis Amp that seemed to fit with these but I don't know the reputation of Memphis amps ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4950&item=5708993010&rd=1
Thanks, Jerry

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 323
I have no experience with any of the other amps but I do with memphis. If that amp is the memphis belle amp I wouldnt think twice about not running the amp. Memphis amp are small and pack a punch and put out there advertised wattage.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 802
They are all fantastic amps. The Memphis Belle does have the power advantage over the other amps for components and subwoofer(s). On the total pure SQ side, personally I think the bill goes to McIntosh and Zapco.

Username: Jbreddawg

Deerfield Beach, Fl USA

Post Number: 6
Thanks for the info, I have pretty much narrowed it down to the diamond audio or the Memphis Belle . any more opinions ? I would love to hear them. Especially from Glasswolf !!! Are Memphis amps made by anyone else ? or are they there own company ?I saw another Memphis belle amp on ebay made by fultron, it was a six channel 600 watt just like the smaller memphis belle amp. they even looked very close except where the inputs were. Are they really in the same league as diamond audio ?? Thanks all

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 349
Memphis has won many audio compeetions and are a well known company. Your only users of memphis amps are usually just your competiors compared to daily drivers. Get the memphis.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us