Two Type R alpine 12" subs...what amp do i need?

Username: Bballa22

Post Number: 2
I have two type r 12" alpines swr-1221d, and i need to know what a good amp would be to power both of these and about how much power each one can take. ive heard these are underrated as far as RMS. i would prefer to stick with an alpine amp, but anything recommended would be great! how should i wire these? how many watts will each sub be receiving if i wire in parallel (or however im supposed to wire them, and depending on how much the amp puts out) thanks

feel free to email me with answers
bballplayer22@mchsi.com

Post Number: 3
I need help quick!! please if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, come quick. anyways my amp price range is about $200-$400.

Username: Russjake

Indiana

Post Number: 5
All I can say is if you're looking for a good new amp, you probably won't get it for under 300. You should ask around(with friends, peers, coworkers, etc.), and get a good deal but be careful who you're buying from. I bought a Kenwood amp for 125 and it works great. Other brands i'd recommend are Rockford Fosgate *the best amp there is(in my opinion), Kenwood, Planet Audio, and of course JL. There are alot of good amps out there, i just know from experience that those are good. Remember, don't buy from someone you don't know. And if you do, be sure you could kick their a$$ if they rip you off. Good luck
Jake

Username: Neonic

Post Number: 9
Go for the JBL BP600.1 I just bought it for my Type
R 1221's its an awesome mono amp with 300 watts per sub if you wire it like this.Upload

Do a google search and you can find it for around $200 or $300. And don't buy RF they have gone way down hill.

Post Number: 4
hey thanks, both of you, seth and jake. seth, what amp kit did you get and what speaker wire did you use?

Username: Neonic

Post Number: 10
I use a 4 guage amp kit from knukonceptz.com here's the link. http://knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?Category=Amp%20Installation%20Kits
Its quality wire and for the price you can't beat it. I used 12 guage wire for the subs, 12 or 14 gauge is plenty, but I wouldn't go below 14. Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us