Statement for all members

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 79
this is not an attempt to slash, bash, crash, be crass, or trash anyone in here who gives advice to the ignorant (having a lack of knowledge).

I just ask all of the experts and tech-sperts in these rooms (you know who you are) to not be so condescending, cynical, and sensitive to the sheep who look for a shepard (including me) when it comes to car audio.

I would like to say that most of in here are adults and would like to be treated as such.

There is no purpose of trashing the products that others are buying because it does not fit the upper class of components that the "audio elite" recommend.

I would be safe in saying that 90% of us in here is asking for cut and dry advice, not the lousy choice speech about the products given, unless they want a recommendation. All of us in here are stoked, jacked, and hyped-up about car audio and need a place to show their enthusiasm.

Only those that ask for the "what do you think about this?" answer should get it. I have fallen suspect to that and had verbal altercations in here due to that.

None of us need anyone to hold our hands in here like children (although some of in here are and/or act that way), but a simple, "hey, let's make what you have sound the best it can" attitude. I know that it is hard for some in here to grasp the fact that "they want me to give them advice about this sh!+?! I'll just tell them to get better sh!+ !"

We all ask for advice in here, but flat out most of us are pretty content with what we have. otherwise, we would not get Audiobahn, Sony, or Kole Audio (my brand) clan members that throw up "gang" signs about their products.

If the products we have are lousy and total crap, just say, "Good for you!! Glad you like it." and keep the uncontrollable laughter outside of the screen.

I know big dawgs, it is hard to see people waste their money, but hey at least it is not yours!!! Smile people!!!

getagripman
Unregistered guest
why go to a car audio site, request advice, and then complain about the advice given? for stuff like "my sony xplod won't play deep bass", or "my boss amp cuts out when the bass kicks in", there is only one answer, BUY QUALITY EQUIPMENT IF YOU WANT QUALITY SOUND! If people were 'pretty content', why would they be asking for advice. And what do YOU know about the correct advice? I don't see you answering peoples posts...

Posts like yours annoy me. Sure i can understand that a polite reply is desirable. But surely, if someone has rubbish equipment, and that is the source of their concerns, then why not tell them?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4031
I guess it's a matter of how you say it.

Bronze Member
Username: Bruhneedluv2

Post Number: 89
in a nut shell, glass. Getagripman, sorry to annoy you. but I was speaking to the professionals in here (those who answer just about all of the questions I and others have to ask because of our state of being oblivious, lazy, and/or ignorant-lack of knowledge). Im in the herd of sheep like the rest.

I guess because I work in customer care on a regulated manner, I tend to look at people like they are smart enough to know but don't know how to be smart enough. I work in a call center handling bills, technical issues, and bill adjustments. You have to be nice when telling someone they are wrong about something and OFFER the best remedy.

Honestly, people would rather have advice from someone in this manner "I see that you have this brand of blah, blah, blah. would you be interested in this brand? it's about the same price with better quality. if you really want to step your game up, how about these brands here?" It sounds cheesy as heeeeeeeeellllllll, but would be more appreciated

Instead of, "man, what the phuck did you just buy? That sh!+ is the equivalent of Glee Club trying to sing while getting kicked in the balls!! I heard rats with more bass coming from their butts. Ha! your system is a heaping pile of hot corned feces smotherd with thick baby batter, served with meadow muffins, given with an ice cold urine-flavored soda!" LMAO!!!!!

nobody has ever said that to anyone; but after the pros rip the newbies like me a new b-thole from knowledge, it might as well have been said. :-)

Anonymous

i am a kid when i came to this board i thought that audiobahn was the best...people here soon changed my mind...im glad for the critical advice on this board because i a m very happy with the kicker setup i have now...so im gonna end it on a quote that sums up this whole thing " if you cant stand the heat stay the hell out of the kitchen" if people are buying total crap they need to know that they are...if your on a budget and u only can buy crap that is understandable and i have never saw anyone diss on someones stuff when they had a very small budget......

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4042
just as a flip side, try to have thicker skin when reading replies to posts you (whomever you are) placed here.
Remember it's ahrd to get a feel for mood or tenor when you're reading a letter. There's no body language or tonal inflection to judge.
Instead of taking "Man that's some suck stuff there" as an adversarial attack, think of someone saying it like a friend across the table from you, laughing and eating some pizza when he comments on something you ask.
It's not always an attack, and usually not an attack on your person or your tastes.. It's more an attack on the crappy companies out there taking advantage of us folks trying to get a good deal with our hard earned money.
We've all made mistakes.
I had some crappy stuff when I started when I was 16, too. I just learned from that and buried myself in all the information I could get between books, magazines, working in the field, and relative college courses along with going to shows and events... stuff like that.
it's all good.

FlowingWells
Unregistered guest
Glasswolf or any body with knowledge, i am 17 and doing a summer school report on pursueing my career, i want to open up my own car audio shop,im not sure what i need for college ed., what to major in and what to minor in, also if you know the average salary 5-10 years in. thank you for any help

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4069
get an MBA, and consider a minor in electrical engineering.
then get MECP certified to get an idea of hwat you need to know about car audio itself.

that'd be my suggestion.
I'm sure Jon has some advice.

Flowing Wells
Unregistered guest
ok thanks, and also do u think i should start as just an audio installer or do u think i can just get out a loan and open up my own store, and im sorry if this sounds rude but do u know the averege salary of an owner of a car audio shop 5-10 years in that pretty much all im missing for my requirements for my paper, thanks for your help

Silver Member
Username: Mattl

Bolingbrook, Illinois USA

Post Number: 218
Income is directly proportional to skill + marketing. In my area (Greater Chicagoland), there are probably a half-dozen new shops opened every year, and another dozen closed (it is a shrinking marketplace).

Most of the closings are low-end shops that thought they could get by on install-skillz alone; they get edged out by the national chain electronics stores (Best Buy, Circuit City, Fry's) because you can get the same equipment (usually for a better price) and get a satisfactory install there for next-to-nothing.

Others closed because they had middle-of-the-road product (a step up from national retail), but poor marketing and/or skills.

The ones that are still open feature mid- to high-end equipment (thus base profit), have proven install skills, and make heavy marketing investments: having show-able cars, sponsoring local events, attending dB Drags, and getting featured in national publications.

At least in this market, it would take as much (if not more) marketing capital as inventory capital to really get a successful shop going.

-Matt
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us