Question about 2 amps

Username: Thecigaretteman

Post Number: 9
Well we figured out my problem,i guess i blew a sub and thats why my amp was trippin on me,i ended up getting two 800 watt amps,and two 800 watt subs,would i be able to hook up 1 amp to each sub? I dont wanna do it without knowing if its gonna mess things up,i got the 1 amp powering both subs right now and it sounds good,and i also still have 1 of my old subs which still sounds good,so maybe i could even hook up 2 to 1 amp and the the other one up to another amp? I dont know if this works or even makes sence,but i want the best outta what ive got sittin around,anyway if you can help,plz do,thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4027
need the following info:
how many coils does each sub have?
how many ohms is each coil?
how many channels is each amp? (mono or two channel)
if the amps are stereo, do they support bridging?

Post Number: 10
1.4-layer voice coil,i dont know if thats your answer.

2.4 ohms.

3.stereo.

4yes they allow bridging.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4035
if the subs are single coil, 4 ohms each, bridge each amp and wire one sub to each amp.
it'll work fine and put the full amp power into each sub.
there ya go

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I got everything good,but it was sounding like garbage,so i ripped off the back panel under my rear windsheild that covers the trunk from connecting into the car,and it sounds fantastic,i the air couldnt get into the car and it sounded like s***,anyway thanks guys once again for more help,i apreciate,thank god for people that know what the are doing,cuzz i have no clue.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4044
yup, need to couple the trunk airspace with the cabin to get the best results if you're using a non-AP box most times.
make sure the gains are set right too, and not too high to cause clipping.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 138
hey glass. i have a sealed box facing the rear of my car in my trunk. the trunk is seperate and the seats dont fold down. what is an AP box and is there any other way to make it sound better than it does currently. i doesnt sound bad as of right now just saying it could sound better.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4063
coupling airspace:
http://www.teamrocs.com/technical/pages/trunk.htm

Aperiodic enclosures (AP)
http://www.maximacar.com/aperiodic.htm

there ya go

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 142
OK i have 2 6.5" holes in my rear deck for rear speakers. since i am most likely going to leave this empty because my front speakers will run off of an amp and me much louder anyway would this be a small version of "psuedo hatchback" like described in the above links. also would facing the subs then upward or forward make the subs louder since they are entering the cabin better or would i still face them towards the rear and let them go over the box?? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 806
Every little bit helps. I'd still leave the subs as they are. The air will move through the holes, it's basically bleeding off pressure. The holes won't be as good as doing the whole panel, but you will see some benefit no doubt.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4068
aim the subs toward the rear. that usually allows the trunk to act as a resonating chamber in a sense. if you go AP, seal up those openings. otherwise tehy should help let air pass through and couple to the cabin.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us