Sub Wont Hit Low

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 134
Hi. I 2 Sony Xplod 12" p5. THe 350 RMS sub. I am running it with an MTX 311d . 300RMS when the cars on. These subs wont hit low bass on a few songs. Could it be the subs fault? or could it be a bad box? i have a sealed box , dont no if it was hand made or bought. i got it from a friend. thanks.

Bronze Member
Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 39
sub cant handle the low freq. in those songs. u cant do anything to help it, but get a new sub.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 39
Sony doesn't have the greatest frequency responce...Also your box may not be to the correct specs for that sub, that may effect its responce slightly as well.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4012
check the amp's settings
make sure LPF is set to about 80Hz

if it has a subsonic filter, set that to off or as low as it goes.. 16Hz or below for a sealed box.

could just be that the subs are those crumby sony P5s. you could try going to a ported box design. it'd be a bigger box, but properly tuned to 35Hz with the subsonic filter at 20Hz, it should sound louder.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 135
ok so it is probably the sonys. on the amp i dont see a low pass setting. it is a class D amp. it has an equalizer setting. but it says that is just for bass boost set at 40hz. http://mtx.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/Thunder_251D_311D.pdf
that is the manual on the amp. also i dont no how to set the subsonic filter either.

Bronze Member
Username: Demigod33

Post Number: 85
sony makes class d amp?

now that the sh1ttest thing ive ever heard

Bronze Member
Username: Grantley

North Canton, Ohio

Post Number: 14
No, he's got an MTX amp... I'd replace the subs if you're wanting them to hit lower than what the Sony subs are giving you. Around the same price range you can get the new Rockford Phase 1 subs, MTX makes some subs, heck you could splurge a bit and get the RE series of the Resonant Engineering sub for I think the salesman said 129 a piece. They're an up and coming company but if you want a sub to hit low, just look a little and you can find a sub a little better than what the Sony can produce for you.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 137
yes i know their are much better subs out there. and i will upgrade in a few months. i got the 2 sony 12"s for $80 new. so i got them. i will probably blow them before the warranty and get new ones. then sell them. then get better subs like either Alpines, Eclipses (a lot of money though), or maybe some Vegas.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us