Speakers for a reason!

Username: Briguy

Post Number: 4
WHAT THE FLIM FLAM!

I just put in a single 10" sub and now I cant hear the speakers, all the sound is coming from the sub, its not bad until I turn the bass up then all the rest is so much softer and harder to hear. What would a good course of action to resolve this matter?, cause I didnt buy those speakers just to look pretty!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3988
erm, outline the vehicle type, and system setup?
then I could try to figure out the problem..

Username: Pinhead

Lenexa, KS US

Post Number: 1
Turn the bass down on the stereo. Set it up so there's virtually no bass going to your speakers and then turn the gain up on your amp (assuming you've got crossovers).

Username: Pinhead

Lenexa, KS US

Post Number: 2
Turn the bass down on the stereo. Set it up so there's virtually no bass going to your speakers and then turn the gain up on your amp (assuming you've got crossovers). That'll all you to crank up the volume on the stereo with less distortion because bass requires more current. Let the amp do the work.

Username: Briguy

Post Number: 5
I figured it out, there was a switch and a little dial that could only be moved with a flat head screwdriver, it was set to the highest frequency and thus apparently picked up all the sound that was supposed to be goin to the speakers. I had to spend a good while playing with all the controlls but finally got it the way I want it.

Whats the deal with the Audiobahn bashing? you guys dont like the brand? Damn I have all audiobahn, speakers and a sub, only one sub and it hits great, a 10" ported box chillin buckled up in the backseat, yah yah laugh if you must but that thing is bangin when Im playing NIN.

Bronze Member
Username: Grantley

North Canton, Ohio

Post Number: 15
Audiobahn does sound good. I'm not a name brand dropper because each brand does something different. But the problem I have with Audiobahn, and it's a small one but I'm sure most other ppl here feel the same way... EVERYBODY has the brand. I felt the same way about Rockford Fosgate a few years ago cuz any kid would and could tell a shop or install bay that they want it loud so Rockford became so popular cuz everybody could get it so easily. Individuality my friend... when it becomes almost a prefab system it's not fun anymore. That's my reason...

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4053
audiobahn has very shady business practices, and very high failure and return rates.
they force their products down the throats of both the retailers and consumers.
I refuse to support any company that does this.
Beyond that, they really don't sound that great at higher volume once you've heard better made comparable stuff.

That aside, if you're happy that's great. that's all that matters in the end anyway.
A lot of people don't like my car because it guzzles gas like a fat kid with a slurpee, but hey, when I see them in my rear view mirror, I shrug and don't care what they think in the end, right?

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4054
anyway on that amp, there should be a gain setting (or labeled input sensitivity) and a crossover setting probably called "LPF" or low pass filter.
set the LPF to about 80Hz. set gain no higher than half way to avoid clipping.
that should do it for setting up the amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us