Aero port question

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

Crescendo Audio FTMFW!!!, AA Havoc 15 ... Your Mom FTW!!!

Post Number: 3477
I was wanting a new enclosure for my sub but I was thinking what if I just changed my aeros or added some more? Im trying to get more port area and a lower tuning. My box right now has 2 4" ports that are,I think,around 12-13" long including the flares. The enclosure is supposed to be roughly 4cbft and tuned to around 35-36hz. I am wanting more port area for my sub b/c I dont think the 2 4" ports are enough to get the most out of my sub. And I would also like to drop the tuning to around 32hz. If I replaced the 2 4" ports for 2 6" ports how much port area would that give me and what length would they need to be to get a tuning around 32hz? Or what if I added one or two more 4" ports? How long should they be and what would the port area be then?

Im just trying to save some money by not buying a new enclosure. Any suggestions?

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17130
go with 3 four inch aeros stock length and add a good amount of poly fill in the box stapled and glued down and if you have a 3.50 cf box before the poly fill you be around 35 hz tuning

that should get you louder because youll have the right amount of port

you can rebuy the aero tubes for the shorter ones to return them to stock length

Gold Member

Post Number: 3481
Ok so I posted this on CA and CACO and now I have 3 different people telling me different things! lol

From CA- "2 4" aero's are plenty for that box. Adding two 6" ports would be nearly impossible to get a reasonable tune, ports would have to be very long.Right now I calculate you're tuned to around 34hz. You would need 2-3" more to get to a 32hz tune"

CACO- "the 6" aeros would have to be 16.5 each to drop it down to 32hz"

So confusing!

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

Sorry, I have a new 20...

Post Number: 1588
well twiz the best way to find the answer to your question is to sit back on your computer and make even MORE threads on MORE sites and see what they say. Hopefully someone out there in cyberspace has figured it out for themselves and can help you.

figure it out yourself?

fuxing with ya twiz but really...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3482
In the process of starting my own forum just to post this again as we speak Phil! Thanks for the idea tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 1590
lawlz. can i join? ill answer your question there!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3484
No sorry Phil,no blacks allowed

Gold Member

Post Number: 1591

Gold Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Phoenix, AZ

Post Number: 1378
LMAO

Silver Member
Username: Alonzoub

Post Number: 196
Dayum. Get ready for a 4th person telling you something different.

By MY calculations. Vb = 4 cu.ft. with (2) 4" ID Aeros at 12" length each gives you a tuning of 33 Hz.

If your enclosure is Vb = 3.5 cu.ft with (2) 4" ID Aeros at 12" length each, then its tuning is ~35 Hz.

So before I actually suggest changes, is there any way you could check what the actual numbers are? Maybe box dimesnions and wood thickness.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3486
Well I found an answer already but thanks for the help. I was told that 2 4" ports have plenty of port area for 1 15" sub. And to get a lower tuning I will need to add a few inches of tube. I know the tuning is 35ish hz so that would actually make the ports I have now 11.8" long with the flares. So for me to get a 32hz tuning I would need them to be 14.6" long with the flares. But that actually sounds like a waste of time and money so Ill just keep the ports how they are for now. lol so this whole thread was pointless.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us