? about infinity 1230w with amp

Bronze Member
Username: Smokeit

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 79
i have found a local shop that is selling a pair of brand new 1230's and box for 100 $. i have directed 1100d amp. would this be a good buy or would i blow this speakers if they are not turned up all the way.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 288
what is the rms on the subs and are they svc or dvc, 2-4-6 ohm subs. How many watts rms is your amp at 4 and 2 ohms.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 80
well they should be 300-350 rms and 4ohm dvc i believe. the amp is about 475 rms at 4 ohm load and here are the specs for the amp http://www.directed.com/

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 82
http://www.carsound.com/reviews/amps/dei1100d.html sorry wrong link

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 290
Well if that amp is 1 ohm stable im sure those subs as long as you keep the gains set properly will handle around 500-600 rms as long as its all tuned properly. The reason for 1 ohm stable is 2 4 ohm dvc subs will give you a 1 ohm load or a 4 ohm load. The 4 ohm load will not give you too much power out of that amp so make sure its 1 ohm stable and you should be fine. On a side note I didnt see the 1100d on the site but did see the 1500d. Im sure the 1100d is one ohm stable as the 750d and 1500d or both 1 ohm stable. So if the 1100d is one ohm stable that should be a good match for ya. Just watch your gains.

Bronze Member
Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 54
1230w's arent DVC...They are Single 4ohm VC's. You may have the wrong model number. 100% positive that 1230w is not a DVC sub, unless they've changed it in the past 2 months.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 746
You're right, the 1230W is SVC, the 1232W is the DVC model. They're 300W RMS, and yes, you'll be pushing the limits of those subs with that amp and could blow them if you're not careful. That DEI 1100D puts out 425 at 4 ohms, 800 at 2 ohms, and 1100 at 1 ohm, so you'll be giving each sub about 400W RMS. If you're careful not to push them too hard, the subs will be o.k. with that.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 83
yeah i went ahead and bought them and the guy at ultimate was telling me that they are about 4oo rms capable. they are the 1232's. now the box i got is regular enclosed box so how do i want to run the wires on these.

Bronze Member

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 58
shouldn't be 400rms. 350 sounds about right.

heres a chart on how to run the wires:

wiring charts. Use the top one.

Bronze Member

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 59
Also, good find on the subs/box ^_^. I, personally, don't believe in the reference series...anything, but for 100 bucks I would've probably picked them up and sold 'em on ebay for $150--heh.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 84
ok but here is the confusion. the box is seperated into 2 seperate chambers and each diagram i see shows that the speakers are supposed to be run together. so how do i do this. this is how i have them run individualy. wire from amp into port in box. negative to first post on speaker and positive to second then i have wire on the other side one side for + and one side for - and theses run back over to the other side and match up with + and -

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 85
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14945&item=5709613239&rd= 1
this is what the box looks like.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 86
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14945&item=5709613239&rd= 1
this is what the box looks like.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 316
If your amp has two sets of speaker connections run one speaker to each set of speaker connections and it will show the amp a 2 ohm load.

Bronze Member

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 64
Well, IF your amp is a stereo amp, do what davids suggested.

If it's mono do this. *whew. takes a deep breath*

Run EACH sub to it's respective terminal cup like so.

use the top one.

After that is all said and done, do this.

Take 1 wire, run it from terminal cup1(tc1)'s positive, to tc2's positive, and from there to the amp's positive. Take another wire, and run it from tc1's negative, to tc2's negative, to teh amp's negative.

I THINK that should get you a 1 ohm load using 2 terminal cups. I THINK.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 319
Also my way would work if you have a mono amp that has two sets of connections also.

Bronze Member

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 66
Mono being one. Unless you're actually using 'mono' in its true nature, but I doubt it.

Also, you may want to explain it to him better davids. If your amp is a 2 channel amp:
use the top one, once again.
Now just run + to + and - to - and you're fine, IF your amp is 2 channels.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 321
Some mono amps have 2 sets of speaker connections to make it easier to do.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 87
it is a mono amp and it has twos sets for speaker outputs.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 88
the amp i have is like 1100 watts at 1ohm load and i dont want to blow the speakers right away. i guess i am going for a 4ohm load but not sure if it is set up like it should.

Bronze Member

Ft worth, Texas

Post Number: 89
any body can let me know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us