Bacon is the biggest retard on this board.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 30
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/68288.html

looks like you turned out to be the retard bacon.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 744
Everything has limitations, though. I mean, you can't make a midrange driver go all the way to 20 khz because of both the mass of the driver and the size of the cone. Same as an 18, it can't handle the midbass region as well because of surface area (they're more inclined for low notes), it's not just resonance, the responsiveness is also degraded. If responsiveness from an 18" sub was as good as other smaller drivers, there would be no need for midranges and tweeters. It's a pretty simple concept. It's kinda the same thing as a midrange driver trying to produce treble, it's not accurate, and has a screechy sound. Lower inductance helps in the linearity of a driver and it's response, but a lot of transient response comes from many more things than just inductance, like the motor force factor, flux density, suspension design, voice coil length and how much of the coil is contained within the magnetic flux during excursion, enclosure design, there are many factors that contribute to the responsiveness of a driver. Even if the inductance was .000001 mH, it wouldn't matter if the motor didn't have the power to move the heavy cone, it also has to have the power to push that cone through volumes of air, and this becomes more difficult the more times per second it has to be done, and even more difficult with high surface area, because more air has to be moved. Many motors from a 12" sub are just as powerful as one on an 18", which will equate to better SQ and better midbass transition. Note that Adire uses paper cones because of their low mass, obviously if mass didn't matter they'd try to pick a heavier, stronger material. Adires XBL^2 drivers do very well with all of those factors, but that Kicker CompVR 18" won't have the tightness or the sound quality of the Brahma. And what are you talking about a retard, Chief? You're the one asking stupid questions like "Hey Glasswolf, why would anyone want a 4 ohm sub if less resistance equals more power?" and "Let me post on sounddomain" You obviously don't know enough to be namecalling, and really it doesn't accomplish much, anyone who's been here for longer than a couple days knows Bacon knows what he's talking about.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
let me post this on Sound Domain meant I was looking for someone else to laugh at such a stupid stupid remark with. It's just that the first guy was wrong and i was trying to just make an example, then BACON speaks up and becomes a friggin retard ALL OVER AGAIN, SMART GUY. and uhhh bacon knows what hes talking about? well we all know that you're joking now.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 812
lol...

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 409
I think Cheif should get sacraficed at the next Rain Dance!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
yes sacrifice me at the next sweet rain dance. wtf does that have to do with anything. haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us