Brahma 12 paired with a Kicker CompVR 18

Anonymous

With both in ported boxes, what kind of SPL would I be looking at?

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 401
I wouldnt mix the subs, if you get a 18 you'll most likely get big slow response bass with some distortion and then the 12 will be pretty clear. I wouldnt suggest it.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 27
big slow response.... you have got to be one of the most retarded people i have ever come across on a message board.

explain to me why the 18 will have slow response. you can't do it because its a MYTH you retard.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 805
ok, look at the surface area chief...its huge something like 1600 cm^3

with that much surface area comes alot of damn cone

alot of cone = alot of moving mass

alot of moving mass = harder to move

harder to move = slower response

Pat is right, dont mix a 12" and an 18"...its just plain stupid, get a pair of the same exact subs and you'll be alright

and no chief, ur the retard for assuming an 18" can play as quick as an 8" which we all know will not happen

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
let me post this in Sound Domain right quick.

anyone in their right mind knows not to mix a 12 and an 18.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/TechPapers/WooferSpeed.pdf

now tell me i'm wrong bacon.

bass_lover
Unregistered guest
Cone size has nothing to do with transient respone. It's a myth that wont die.

Reason most people assume 18s are "slow," is due to poor installation skills. Larger cones tend to have more cone resonances at higher frequencies, and when your genius of a friend decides to cross it over around 80hz, it's gonna sound echoy, not because it cannot "keep up" but because the cone has added resonantion at higher frequencies.

Easy fellas
Unregistered guest
whoa whoa whoa i never meant for this to turn into a war. I actually didn't pose my question right. What I actually wanted to do was use have the 18 and another amp hooked up to a switch in the dash so that whenever someone was talking sh!t or didn't think one brahma was pounding more than their sony BS, I'd flip the switch for the 18. I'm not worried about mixing them as it would just be for showing off/opening some eyes for a moment, then go back to the brahma 12 for just cruisin and listening. I was just curious as to what SPL numbers I'd see.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
from what i've heard, you'd be better off getting an L7 15' for such duty considering its smaller and has relatively the same cone area as the 18. BUT i wouldnt do that if I was you. I would buy 2 brahmas to start off with and then you could open some eyes.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us