Finishin up ma system.....wat amp? wat amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Compton2201

Pleasanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 17
i startin buildin ma system a few months ago n im near the end, i have my head unit, apline 9827 and my type s speakers r great. The sub i have gotten is a 12inch alpine type R , 300w rms and dual 2-ohm voice coils (item # swr-1221d . The only thing im havin trouble with is findin an amp that will make is hit pretty good. I like listenin to mostly rap and some rock and im jus wonderin wat amp will make it kick. Any input would b great, thanks fellas!

Silver Member
Username: Jamtochristian

Williamsport, Pennsylvania USA of course!

Post Number: 110
I'd go with a Thunder502 from MTX. I mean, to be honest, I can see you're really into the whole Alpine scene, which I like Alpine Head Units, so I can understand where you're coming from. But to be honest, I didn't see any Alpine's that will work with Dual 2 Ohm VC's. But, I would get the Thunder502, wire it with one channel to each voice coil. It'll have a little bit more power than you need... say 20 watts per channel, but its better that way so you don't go running the amp into clipping. Just leave the gains a little lower than what is "optimum output".

Should be nice.

Bronze Member
Username: Compton2201

Pleasanton, Ca Usa

Post Number: 20
thanks donald, appreciate that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us