Sean -- Mag installed pics

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 935
Hey sean, pics as promised

Amp isn't installed yet, my dealer is out of 1/0 gauge at the moment, just need to run it to my back battery to help with charging as theres only a 10 gauge wire there right now. So I've got it running of my 5 channel temporarily.

What size wire would you run from battery to amp for ~1200w? I need to order distro block but not sure what I can get away with.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Sorry the pictures are sh!t

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana Team Audible...

Post Number: 8504
If you are only runnin 1200wrms, 4ga (good true gauge wire) will get the job done.

Diamond Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Www.stainles... .ecrater.com

Post Number: 24825
Right behind the ears.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 23758
that looks like a clean install. awesome sub too. congrats.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17127
sweet the upper limit for 4 ga is 120 amps which is 1200 watts id go with the zero to be future proof.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 9781
There's no such thing as future proof. Running 0 gauge will just allow you to run more power in the future up to a limit.

Platinum Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 17128
With zero ga. he can run up to 2500 watts using a class d amp. Most people arent going to run more than that and if he does he just has to add a second run of zero ga. that was my point.

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudio4life

Clovis, CA USA

Post Number: 41
i agree zero gauge is best suited no need to push it to the limits with the 4. Nice install by the way looks sweet. what are you running for mids and highs?

Silver Member

Post Number: 936
Mids and highs are just infinity reference coaxials right now running on 50w. It's on the list to be upgraded <span class="ib sp happy"></span> Probably gonna look into the new crescendo audio components.

According to the link below, I'm borderline 2/4 gauge, I'll just use 2 gauge if I can find some, it's only about 5 ft.

http://www.the12volt.com/info/recwirsz.asp

Silver Member
Username: Makinblak

Monroe/Monticello, La/Ar

Post Number: 638
Looks clean. Just wondering.....why did u put the box behind your seat? I would put it behind passenger to retain full reclining priviledges. Sounds a lil dif, too.....which is prolly ur reason.

Silver Member

Post Number: 937
There's a seat that folds down behind passenger seat, wanted to maintain all 3 seats.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us