What Amp would get me kickin???

Username: Jwl1387

Post Number: 2
I just bought 2 L7 12 inch Solobaric kickers, enclosed in the same box, dual 4 ohms(not sure wat it means) But now all i need is an amp to get them thumpin...should i get 1 1000-1500 amp to pump them both, or like 2 500 watt amps each sub? which brand would suit me, good prices, and get my kickers kickin...all opinons are needed thanks alot!! Help me...Jesse

Anonymous

All you need is one 800watt amp you could push them harder but you'll have to pay the money for a quality amp because lower end amps won't push what they say.
JBL 800 1 good price on Ebay
Kicker kx 800 like $290 on Ebay
MTX
Soundstream

Bronze Member
Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 14
dual 4 ohms means there are two sets of voice coils. Each voice coil has 4 ohm impedance (resistance).

Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 2
you would be better off buying a pair of 2 ohm stable amplifiers than buying an amplifier that will put out 1500 at 4 ohms. it'll be much more cost effective that way. make sure you get them matched though, thats pretty important.

Post Number: 4
Could i buy a kx 1200 or the bd1500 and pump these good? and would it match up wit the dual 4 ohms?

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 14
kx1200.1 would be perfect.

Post Number: 5
Its ok to get the kx1200 even tho its dual 4 ohm subs? And would the kx1200 make the subs pound nice that people would hear it from a block away or what?

Post Number: 6
Would the kx1200 be ok and effective with thump even tho the subs are dual 4 ohms, would it make them pound nice like you could hear it from a block away and people would be entertainted so to speak, wen they sit in the car.?

Post Number: 7
sorry my computer is F**ked up so wen i post sumthin it says it isnt then i end up writin it 2wice sorry people!

Bronze Member
Username: Capulina6

Post Number: 25
the kx 1200 is a perfect amp for those subs, iv been personally looking for some 12L7s myself and was planning on selling everything to get the kx 1200. i believe that amp is 1ohm stable so it would be perfect for your dual 4ohm subs. just make sure to wire them like this... http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2 how much did you pay for the subs if you dont mind me askin.

Post Number: 8
i paid 520 for them both in the box and shipped to my door, there on ebay this is them... he has more left, and yes it was in the sealed box too!http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803&item=5708394594&rd= 1

Post Number: 9
Rick which link would i click under 2 subs wen i go to that website?

Bronze Member
Username: Capulina6

Post Number: 27
you dont need to click on any link just wire them like in the top picture. those are just both of the choices you have to wire them which is either a 1 or 4 ohm load to the amp. to get the most out of that amp you will need to go with the 1 ohm wiring plan. just look for the top picture that says = 1 ohm. that is the same picture you get if you click under two subs "Dual Voice Coil - 4 ohms x 2"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us