Xtant, coustic or Infinity.....

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 12
which dual 10's should i get...i'm looking to spend about 100 for the both of them because they are only going in my room.

Which subs?

Xtant Z104...2 for 1 promo
Coustic Carbon Fiber CF1044...2 for 1 promo
Infinity Reference 1030w...buy 1 get 1 free

input...thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 375
I wouldnt even spend money to put those in your ROOM, this is CAR AUDIO, with CAR being the 'keyword'

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 57
Definitely Xtant... get youself a rockford fosgate amp and you'll be straight.

Bronze Member
Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 35
Also, reference (IMO) aren't even worth buying. I bought my Kappa 12" on e-bay for like $76 SHIPPED (used obviously).

Also, how do you plan on powering the subs in your room? Do you have a receiver powerful enough to do so, or haven't you thought of this yet?

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 23
My receiver can pump out 75x2 @ 8ohms RMS (home audio is 8ohm). So i'm not looking for smoe monster 600watt RMS sub...something around 100RMS should be alright...I'm running a Single 8" right now, its some cheap red sub from walmart that i got for $5 on sale. Its ok but its way too much over powered, the subs rated at 25 RMS and 50 max. I dont care if i blow the sub so it doesn't matter to me if i run it too high, i just want smoething that will be better and give off some crisper bass. Anyone got any other suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Audiophile

OFallon, MO USA

Post Number: 45
*sigh* 75x2. Did you think that you have speakers to push, too?

1.)75w RMS isn't nearly enough to power a sub. You MIGHT get a faint rumble-maybe. I have a 690W receiver (100x6, 90x1, and a preout) that I run my kappa with for the moment (car is phucced up). I get throaty bass out of it with 2 channels bridged to 300w; although, this isn't good for the sub. I've got the 2 channels bridged pushing 16ohms, the sub is wired in parrallel at 2 ohms. I need to rewire it into parralell and just run both coils off 100w.
2.)You arent going to find any 100wRMS subs that have DVC's so that you could run it at 8ohms. That would make it 50w/coil. Not gonna happen unless you buy from wal-mart.
3.)You say the sub you have now is overpowered? You'll be FAR underpowering any good sub with your Piece of $#!t receiver pumping 75w to it.

Lynch, signing off. *wipes sweat off head*

Richard Adams
Unregistered guest
Ive got a Yamaha RX-V995 reciever and im putting 100 watts to a 15" pioneer in a downfiring sand filed box and its hitting hard but im afraid to tell you bro your reciever aint gonna power that big of a sub.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us