Kicker Solo X

Username: Colorblind_2004

Post Number: 5
What do you ppl think about this comp. sub? Compared to other subs in its class? I was thinkin about buying one, but i think i'd go deaf and my grand prix would fall apart. Damn.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 290
That sub is a beast. Literaly. But for the price of the sub and the amount of power it takes to push it correctly there are better options out there for competition.

Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 3
other than it getting severely beaten in comps and cracking cones left and right. i dunno? it sucks. i ran kicker and now im quite disappointed in this X trash and the new audiobahn wannabe L7's

Silver Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 117
lol at chief for not knowing wtf he is talking about :P

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 28
Well there really not that expensive. I about to purchase a pair of 12 solo x for a lil more than a w7 13 would cost about 650 a piece, you just have to know where to search, and now i have 2 12inch l7 and never had a problem with it. People that messs them up usually run to much power to the l7's and they run them off a stereo amp. So if you get the right for the speaker you should be fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 50
The solo X's are beastly, not to mention you are gonna need a monsterous box as well as a monsterous amp to power that thing so you dont clip it...

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 838
im thinking an eclipse titanium pro will beat this monster power eatet

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 839
monster power eater*

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
I dun know, get the ORIGINAL 18 inch SOLO-X and it would be tough...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
danny don't laugh at me because your'e a fanboy, calm yourself.

the Solo X really isn't that great, more hype than anything.

BUT I would have to say that the Solo X would gobble a Titanium Pro from what i've read. the titanium pro isn't even in the top few subs that get the loudest.

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
chief....you have no fuc king idea what your talking about, fanboy? I just speak the facts, how long have you been on these boards anyhow?

Bronze Member
Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 46
ha, joseph said he got his 2 solo x 12s for a little more than 1 13w7. well buddy i dont know where u buy ur w7s or how much u pay, cause i got mine for $699 brand new from an authorized JL dealer in tampa. please dont tell me u would pay 950 for that sub.

Richard Adams
Unregistered guest
i got a local shop around my house thats asking $1100!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4134
the 13W7 will outperform the solo X, but it costs more, too so you're paying for the increase in output.. it balances out.
the RE x.x.x. the RE MT, Inhumans Shockers and Adire's subs are all stiff competition and many will outperform the solo X as well.
Personally I'm looking at grabbing a pair of RE triple "X" subs. $720 a pair for 12" delivered, and they perform like crazy.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
so you are telling me that because i joined the board a week ago i don't know anything? pollocks really are dumb.

check out my thread though, nice SOLO X link and pics. just BEAUTIFUL.

cd520
Unregistered guest
Impressive post there "Chief". You turn to ethnic slurs to help backup your masterful car audio knowledge. I've seen blown subs of about every brand so I should believe there all junk.

Silver Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 809
There are many problems with a square sub design. The subs were designed with surface area in mind for SPL, but the square design limits the excursion capabilities by a large factor. There are subs out there with twice the excursion of the Solo X and the surface area that round cones lack isn't as drastic as the loss of excursion that the Solo suffers from. Also, a square cone has uneven pressure points, requiring large structural reinforcement (added mass) and a strong surround to keep the sub intact. You'll also hear a few people mention lead slap being an issue. It also suffers from cone flex and added distortion for those concerned with both a sound quality and durability standpoint. For SPL and durability, a square cone architecturally is not the best choice in subs to have. For SQ, you can definately forget square subs entirely as a comparably built round cone sub will ALWAYS sound better.

Bronze Member
Username: Suicideshifter

Bristolville, Ohio United States

Post Number: 20
Well said...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us